Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Ever googled your nudist i.d ???
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Dealing With Nudity in the Home Topic Next Topic: Nudist Privacy? Drone On
Page: of 2

Wannabe bare naked

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was surfing the word “nudism” to see what I could find. When I decided to Google my own I’d which I use all over the net.
I did in fact locate my I’d in three places which shocked me a little bit, here at Nudist-resorts.org twice and once in Flickr showing pictures of myself. So after that I decided I would remove my full name from any of these site to protect my privacy.
I don’t mind being a nudist, but I do mind that the Internet can allow any body to find you in they so wish too.

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  08:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've Googled my full real name (Cheri Alexander) and came up with lots of good nudist stuff as well as the webpage for my employment since I use my name rather than a nickname. I'm okay with that.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Dan and Sue

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  09:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wanabe
I like your Quote Taken from Elvis Presley in 1972
Are you a Fan

spiceant
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit spiceant's Homepage  Click to see spiceant's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
go to a google site and fill in your nickname and press enter.
For example:
spiceant
"dan and sue"
jcmt4

Use quotes if there are spaces in the name.

------
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." -Mat 19:26
Popularity contests are not truth contests—look how many scoundrel preachers were aproved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular. -Lu 6:26

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jcmt4

i am new to computers;so how does one 'google' their i.d?

Go to www.google.com. In the space, type in your nickname or even your telephone number to find if your address is there. It's scary how much info is out there on you.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Wannabe bare naked

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  5:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ok either I'm confused as to why people don't understand how to google their I.d's or I'm not explaining myself proper.

Goto the google page and type in your I.d,its that simple.Let me know how you went.

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  7:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wannabe bare naked

Well ok either I'm confused as to why people don't understand how to google their I.d's or I'm not explaining myself proper.

Some of the confusion with someone not familiar with Google's search engine. Although I use 'google' as a verb quite often, it is still slang and this is, of course, an international site. Even if you are in the USA, there are still those out there who do not use Google so would not be familiar with it.

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  8:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have about 4000 people every week visiting my Web site, and I'm sure some of them have clicked on the Occasionally Asked Questions link and seen the answer to "What are you wearing?"

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  11:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a personal/private nudist in large part, I elected to use a moniker but did have a photo for the avatar, one with which I am comfortable. Administration helped with that selection.

Upon initially joining, I filled in most of the information on the form. Upon rechecking a couple of hours later, all of it appeared in my Profile. I was unaware this would happen. Much of it I edited out immediately, including a request later on to change my moniker to the current one.

A couple of months ago I checked Google using my moniker. Sure enough, there was a list of all my postings on this web site. Initially I was shocked and then concerned. Several rechecks later calmed me down, as it appears only the information we enter in the Profile ourselves can be accessed by members (most people can join), and of course anything said in the forum postings. Not particularly conversant with computers and the internet, I was unable to pull up my e-mail address which contains my name. Hence I assume this web site has been able to safeguard these, at least so far.

I would be interested in hearing what others have experienced, and from those who are technically proficient, what further thoughts you might have.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  8:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For curiousity I googled my naturist name. There is a bird called a catbird. As I suspected, most prominent in the Goggle listings is a quantity of naturalist (not naturist) web sites. Also I learned that there are 870,000 Google listings for "catbird." Who would bother to check 870,00 listings? Morale of the story is to pick a naturist name that has a gigantic quantity of Google listings. In other words, safety in numbers.

BTW, "catbird" was my CB handle 30 years ago (during the CB craze).

Also I would suggest google your real name. Thank God, foremost among Lester Hemphill listings is the Christian web site that I created. I checked 5 pages of listings and found none about my naturist activities. Interestingly I found out that the Georgia former governor, Lester Maddox, owned some property on Hemphill Ave. That goes to show what you can find out on the Internet.

Naturally, Lester

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  01:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you did Catbird, I also Googled my real name. After many screens, saw no linkage to my moniker. Discovered, however, that my real name is more common than I would have imagined. Oh well, I'm not so unique after all, at least by name.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  05:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a famous cricketer in the UK Phil Tufnell whose nickname is Tuffers. That is not why I use the same as I have been known as Tuffers most of my working life. Having trawled through many pages on Google about the cricketer, there was I, up in lights "where I like to go nude". Although surprised and a little concerned about the lack of privacy, I am not ashamed of being a nudist and if others inadvertantly come across my entry, so be it. It is my life and I will live it as I want to to. Fame at last lol. It also gives publicity to this great forum which I feel honoured to belong.

Tuffers

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  07:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far I'm a disc jockey/entertainer in the UK, a US senator until dying in 2004, and Jazz trumpeter in Melbourne, and I haven't even started yet.

Pete Knight

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  12:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The recent topic about Login IDs reminded me about this Thread.
Google had LOTS of Balto Bob links incuding 1 post from here and 1 comment from the Vegas paper that were mine. My email brought up a post on Yahoo about the WNBR. Put in my name and found PAGES of other people.
Several years ago a relative was searching for my dad (as well as his parents and sister who were no longer living). She sent out 100 post cards and found me(I'm a jr). My parents have had the same address and phone listing for over 50 years. Most of these search outfits work off of change of address info.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  3:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I googled myself- apparently there is an artist named Melissastarr or Melissa Starr or some such. But I also found some posts by msyelf here and at other nudist forums. I'm ok with that. I know my sister has googled me somehow and found my nudist site- she was cool with it (I don't know what she typed in to find it; she could have just asked and I would have given her the address DUH!) I'm not sure who else would google me or find me. I guess the one thing that does concern me is that my user name is part of my e-mail address. Do I get a new e-mail address for employment reasons when I'm applying for new jobs in a few months (hopefully sooner)? I'm not sure I want employers to google my name and find me. Melissa Starr is not my full name, just my first and middle name.

Melissa

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  6:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google, who needs Google, I met myself a couple of times without the aid of the interweb thingy, once in Germany and another time on exercise in the UK.

OK, let me explain, I was at a party in Germany when a guy introduced himself to me, he said "Hello I'm Peter Knight" and I replied "Yes, so am I" but I think he thought I was being sarcastic.

Pete Knight

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Dealing With Nudity in the Home Topic Next Topic: Nudist Privacy? Drone On  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.68 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved