Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 232 ]  [ Total: 232 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Can we convince the "real nudist" to stay?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: my wife,her sister and my friends Topic Next Topic: Desert Shadows Inn/Purchase?  

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  3:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We seem to be on the verge of losing some of our best and most prolific posters due to the perceived over abundance of discussions related to sex, erections and shaving ... and the fact that many of those on this site are not "real nudist". My discussion topic is: How do we convince the "real nudist" to stay and help us (and perhaps nudist in general) by promoting, instructing and explaining about being a nudist ... or are there just too many fakers here?

bk-yd-nude

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  8:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, I hope we can keep some of the better

"posters"!!!

Let's try and get some new ideas and thoughts going amongst ourselves.

Cookie

jake4545
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  9:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send jake4545 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I joined this site to learn from the masters so I'm on bended knee begging ya'll to please stay.
Keeping my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open, but if I do have something new to ask I will.

Take a chance Columbus did!

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  12:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that one of the problems is that we are a veried bunch and we all have different tastes and interests. It makes it hard to know what sort of conversation to start.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  01:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pinch of course is that naturism isn't an end in itself, its just a state of being while doing whatever one does in life! Get a bunch of naturists together in person and they are sure to talk about the usual aray of things -- the weather, golf, recipes, politics, gardening, sport tournements, whatever.

Topics specific to naturism can get old fast. They tend to fall into three categories: questions newbies have (often body worries), how and where to find other naturists or join in activities, and how to change public attitudes and policy toward naturism. Its an important community service for oldtimers to chime in on the first two, even though they may be agast or bored or have already sorted things out for themselves. The third often seems to move at glacial pace and the activists tend to chime in only when there is news or a need for community support.

I think the key to keeping the good posters, in whichever category, is give them thoughtful and timely feedback and, in general, to focus topics and feedback on practical ways people can meet and get going with activities of interest -- cooking clubs, nude golf days, public policy brainstorming get-togethers, whatever.

(The only solution to fakers -- realizing there will always be some due to public misconceptions -- is routinely to unmask them and then delete them, sort of like computer viruses! )

Edited by - agde on 04/20/2007 12:21:46 AM

GrayWolf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  01:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. As a mature, married, shaved, male who sees no need to talk about the obvious, at least in my case, how about some conversation about your costume at the last nudist dance, were you nude at your club's last work party (which you attended of course), how do you nicely remove a guest who doesn't actualy get nude more than the initial visit, club rules ( like them or not), what is the tradeoff between getting enough information about new members/guests and identity theft (I can understand reluctance to divulge everything but your bank account's password), is nudism really becomming more popular or just more expensive, why only plastic lawn chairs instead of mesh ones, is there a sunscreen that is also a bug repellant, being nude is good but having to keep the blinds pulled is bad, should you wear a hairnet when serving food naked, anything FUN because life is supposed to be that way. I'll keep checking in and hopefully finding some topics to begin activly posting on. GrayWolf

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  2:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GrayWolf, I like your comments regarding some posting ideas. I would like to see someone discuss how to protect your identity when you are at your club ... or how to deal with the member that is "out of sync" with the club in general. I suspect it would be a little more difficult then with another type private club, since we don't generally have a membership board that rules on entry to a specific individual. We pretty much let in those that at first glance appear "ok" and pay their money. I think I like these types of topics, what about you others ... can you come up with even more interesting topics that will impress the group?

bk-yd-nude

Edited by - bk-yd-nude on 04/19/2007 2:33:58 PM

GrayWolf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  3:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We make no secret of our real names at the club we belong to but the privacy issue that I thinks needs some discussion is the identity theft thing. The amount of private data that is asked for is extensive. I think I understand the big picture on getting it but I flinched when I filled out the club's membership application, I flinched when I signed the land lease for our trailer, and I wonder how many potential new guests/members turn around at the gate due to fear of identity theft more than any fear of taking their clothes off. Now I sure don't have an answer to this but wonder if clubs could/should at least be telling people how secure this information will be kept, how long it's kept, how it's disposed of etc. And on another issue, would it make some sense to delete the first "__" pages of some of these topics that have been around for MANY years. The information and opinions are so dated that they might be giving more misinformation than help to both new and old nudists. Maybe delete everything older than 12 months?

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  02:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bk-yd-nude

We seem to be on the verge of losing some of our best and most prolific posters due to the perceived over abundance of discussions related to sex, erections and shaving ...

My discussion topic is: How do we convince the "real nudist" to stay and help us (and perhaps nudist in general) by promoting, instructing and explaining about being a nudist ...

bk-yd-nude

I’m not sure if you can convince anyone to stay. Except for the fact that you've expressed your concern for the problem as you have by starting this thread. Maybe that in itself will encourage those members you refer to, to stay.

quote:
Originally posted by GrayWolf

The information and opinions are so dated that they might be giving more misinformation than help to both new and old nudists. Maybe delete everything older than 12 months?

I don't really think that's necessary. Opinions change and evolve. Even our own can change as time goes on. I think the ideas are timeless, and I don't see where old ideas cause harm. We can learn from them. And there is no need to look back many pages if a person doesn't want to. I've found intersting and useful items from old posts.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  10:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think we invite some of these repetitive topics such as the endless debates on shaving erections peircings etc. I think we could offer a list of acceptable answer such as on a FAQ page then just close the topics or eleminate them I don't know many naturists who don't agree with the accepted practices most of us follow at our home clubs and there endless topics just seem to aggravate many of the real nudists here .

We might offer more info on the events that clubs are posting on there web sites or more chat about suggestions on how to increase membership etc. Just like someone eles said nudism in and of itself isn't that interesting to talk about more interesting to practice in real life.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  6:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have pretenders, newbies, and nudist posting on this site. Pretenders have an agenda to post ridiculous stuff. They all do at some point. Newbies have a need to know. Nudist are looking to find information on activities, trends etc.. You can quickly sort out who's, who by their posts. For myself I'm interested in nudist laws, camping, hiking and general outdoor activities. Pick and choose your topics. If others want to consume their time bending and twisting the erection question let them. It will only stop when no one takes the bait.

tucsonnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  5:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tucsonnude's MSN Messenger address  Send tucsonnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see topics on educating the non nudist masses. Open houses at resorts. Increasing membership of nudist organizations in general. Placing ads in college newspapers to draw the younger crowd. Becoming more environmentally aware. Changing some rules as to first time visitors. Clothes optional for several visits. News about what is going on legislatively in the area of anti nudity laws. Less emphasis on resorts and show there is more diversity in nudism/naturism.

Previous Topic: my wife,her sister and my friends Topic Next Topic: Desert Shadows Inn/Purchase?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved