Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 257 ]  [ Total: 257 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Wouldn't it be great if.-----------------------
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Differences between Caliente and Paradise Lakes Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - February 2008
Page: of 3

reverend
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  08:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be great if--the laws were changed to allow you to be nude on your own property.You could do chores around the house nude.Sunbathe on your deck nude etc.

the Reverend--- Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  08:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can basicly agree with the ideal, but see practical problems:

Not everyone is well-behaved, especially to neighbor children.

The number of crashes involving distracted drivers might increase.

I"m sure there are more.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  10:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reverend

Wouldn't it be great if--the laws were changed to allow you to be nude on your own property.You could do chores around the house nude.Sunbathe on your deck nude etc.

the Reverend--- Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

As long as you're on your own property behind privacy fences, no one will be offended. Our immediate backyard is great and I'm in the process of investigating warm weather plantings for our front. The remainder of our 7 acres will have to wait.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  10:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would be great yes. Our neighbours are on holiday and we've spent most of the time nude in an out of the house tending the lawn, sunbathing and just enjoying the freedom of having no clothes on. Marvellous to be able to fall asleep not caring about who may see us. Probably the neighbours couldn't care less, so we shoukld tell them about being nudists before next Spring. Meanwhile roll on Club Orient in October. Always nude there!

The law on nudity in the garden or yard over here is most confusing but it really boils down to if nobody minds it's okay and if they have to climb a tree to see you I think it would still be fine, but all our laws are based on precedent so it's all a bit vague & fluid. We have high fences & trees but since someone cut their trees down we are a little overlooked from one angle which is a shame.

Rod

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  2:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I truly feel for some here that don't have the privacy that most of us have here in the US, especially here in Southern California.

There are some drawbacks to the way we do somethings here in So. Cal but most everyone that lives here puts up 6' high or higher privacy fences or blockwalls. We are RARELY in our backyard with clothes on.

Both neighbors are aware of this and have seen us many times. They are more embarassed then we are. They understand that our backyards are private and if they or we are looking into someone's backyard, we are the ones who are invading someone's privacy.

What is so sad is that almost all new homes being built now are two story and they all look into each others backyards. No privacy even if you are clothed. I don't see us moving anytime soon unless we are able to find a single story home with as much privacy as we have here.

For us, I think we've done all we can do to provide us with adequate privacy from being seen by our neighbors. Blockwalls, landscaping and the fact that they know we are nudists are enough reasons why we feel we are entitled to enjoy our backyard in the nude.

Oknewds
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  07:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Oknewds's MSN Messenger address  Send Oknewds a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We do all our outdoor work in the nude from mowing grass to building a gazebo. We have privacy fencing blocking the road in front of our property. The folks ajoining our land on each side are aware we are naturist, they seem to tolerate our lifestyle ... { they don't seem to visit much either } Hmmmm

Wouldn't it be great if ... summer lasted a bit longer.

"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."
ADLAI STEVENSON

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  08:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unfortunately, my Wife and I live in a row house in an urban neighborhood. That makes it tough. We have, however, occasionally used an area at my Son's house that is screened by some good bushes and the house itself.

JeepNaked

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  10:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Send JeepNaked a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Life is about choices.... I am outside nude all the time at my house. I have 14 acres and built my house in the middle of it. My wife and I wanted more property than house than the other way around. We're nudists, so why not live like nudists with some room to be nude? We made the choice to commute further, but have the room that we know will make us happy.

Actually our property has allowed to be much more open type nudists. We got tired of having to go running for clothes if someone showed up so we started telling everyone about being nudists and to call ahead if they minded. We started finding out that many answered that they didn't mind.. that led to being nude with close friends and family that were over at our place all the time. After that, we saw that many people had no issue at all with the nudity and so we got into a routine of simply asking folks.

Anyway.. we choose.. choose to be happy and choose to have a home that suits our lifestyle choices.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  2:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our whole family is freely nude on our property. If you have reasonably high fences or walls you certainly can be nude in your own backyard aas much as you like. All our neighbors know we are nudists and some of them are as well. Like JeepNaked said you just have to talk to people about it. You will find that many dont care as much as you though they might. Anymore we just answer the door naked most of the time as well.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We moved into a new house about twelve years ago. When we did, our neighbors a lot away raised quite a stink because they liked being able to sun on their deck there. We told them that if it was a matter of privacy, we wouldn't look, and if it was a matter of modesty, we didn't care. Ironically enough, someone built a house between our two lots and most of their windows face the East to get the morning sun... the same direction as our neighbors, the sun worshippers.

For all the hoops we jumped through to be courteous and respectful to our sunbathing neighbors, the point became moot soon thereafter.

Why do we have to worry so much about what the neighbors might think or say? If they own their property, then they should be able to do what they want on it (provided it isn't a felony). After all, an ocean view can be great, but there's nothing stopping your neighbor from taking it away.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  6:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In fact when it comes down to it you are free to br nude on your own property. If you have any sort of fence or wall of a reasonable hight, you can be nude in your own yard free of reprecussions. Of course you might want to have a talk with your neighbors if need be. No need to have bad relations with them. but ultimately..if you build a high wall or fence where you have privacy,anyway..There is no need to worry.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  09:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

In fact when it comes down to it you are free to br nude on your own property. If you have any sort of fence or wall of a reasonable hight, you can be nude in your own yard free of reprecussions. Of course you might want to have a talk with your neighbors if need be. No need to have bad relations with them. but ultimately..if you build a high wall or fence where you have privacy,anyway..There is no need to worry.

If you can be seen from the public right of way (street/water/road), you are not legal in most US locales even if you do have a fence. If your property is lower than the street, that might be a problem even if you do have a fence.
Cheri

-
-

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  5:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Is it true that if someone can see you nude inside of your own house, you are breaking the law, and not them?

I've heard this is true, but never seen anything to back up that claim.

Thanks,

H

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  5:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is TECHNICALLY true, no judge would ever enforce it.

Oknewds
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  9:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Oknewds's MSN Messenger address  Send Oknewds a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If its truely Unlawful to be seen nude from a public road or street, wouldn't a great many naturist resorts and CO beaches be in violation

"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."
ADLAI STEVENSON

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  10:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oknewds

If its truely Unlawful to be seen nude from a public road or street, wouldn't a great many naturist resorts and CO beaches be in violation

They all have privacy fences to my knowledge. At least the 50 or so I've visited.
Cheri

-
-

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Differences between Caliente and Paradise Lakes Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - February 2008  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.66 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved