Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Canadian magazine article on nude hiking
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Naturally Mag-FreeSubscription College stus &Profs Topic Next Topic: Landed Resort Open House Days - Good and Bad  

explorenorth

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  11:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit explorenorth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The last issue of Up Here magazine, which is about Canada's far north, had not only a feature article about nude hiking, it had a rear view of a nude hiker on the cover. The article seems to have ruffled no feathers (or textiles!), but the magazine had to print new covers for the thousands of copies distributed to Canadian North Airline . You can read the article online at http://www.uphere.ca/this-month/magazineDetail.aspx?Cat=Feature&ID=63 (I'm the "George Walker" who was interviewed for it).

The good Globe & Mail article about the cover problem seems to be gone, but CBC Radio has a brief piece about it at http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2006/07/11/buff-bum.html

Murray

Edited by - explorenorth on 09/09/2006 12:18:19 PM

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  01:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent article, very refreshing to hear our sides thoughts put down so well no puns no bad jokes just a straight forward good article.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  4:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do lots of nude hiking, and in less remote areas then writen in this article. Maybe it's just our Canadian 'oh well' attitude, or more relaxed lifestyle that when you meet people out hiking,or other wise enjoying the outdoors nude most people just don't seem to care. As the article states most just nod, say hello, and carry on doing their own thing. I'm not suggesting you nude hike around the Banff town site, but if you get a little more off the beaten path, we've never had a problem and have meet other nudists enjoying the same activity.

Edited by - sueallday on 01/23/2007 4:33:40 PM

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  1:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue, I recently moved to Spokane Washington and I would very much like to take a trip up north one of these days given the topic, can you offer any suggestions nearby in Canada I should check out?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  5:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NudeAl, I would suggest you go to www.fcn.ca and use their links. Also you can get a travel B.C. or travel Alberta guides sent to you by going to their sites. These give you maps, camp sites etc.. There is also a site called Clothing Optional B.C. that has a great amount of information for nudists. If you have not nude hiked before there are several articles at www.gonomad.com and other sites on nude hiking. You have several great hiking areas in your own back yard. Two notes from my husband about the suggested rules for hiking;
Number one, they suggest you be quiet so you can hear other hikers coming. We still have a good population of bears, black and grizz, depending on where you hike you should keep this in mind. We'd rather be seen nude and have bear bells ringing then surprise a bear or worse yet a bear and cubs.
Number two, goes with number one. We've found if you just smile, say hello, and keep on your way most people don't even react to you being nude. Being seen trying to cover up makes you look like your doing something wrong. We've had only one guy say how we were not on private property and we should not force other people to look at us naked. Funny his wife/girlfriend seemed to not be offended in any way as she originally smiled and said hello as we walked by. Have fun!

Previous Topic: Naturally Mag-FreeSubscription College stus &Profs Topic Next Topic: Landed Resort Open House Days - Good and Bad  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved