Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 495 ]  [ Total: 495 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Self Sustaining Nudist Communities
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Durban nudes Topic Next Topic: Info on Palm Springs Inn
Page: of 2

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  09:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HG8Harrier

What about the area surrounding this Cap D'Agde place? It sounds like that area not only tolerates nudists, but it counts on us/them for a large part of their economy.

La Jenny is also available and has a more family atmosphere than Cap.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  11:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S.

NaturistDoc - you're funny! I like a great sense of humor.

ImNude2

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  1:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe that would have to be a distinction that would need to be made in any community of this sort. Then again, Boulder, CO is supposedly about keeping family values, and I keep on hearing nothing but horror coming from that town.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  11:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that any 'community' stands up to close scrutiny on all values, all of the time. But it might be worth asking what values we would expect of members of a self-sustaining naturist community, and how those differ from a (generic) idealized textile comunity. Articulating those values and adhering to them might go a long way in furthering acceptance of the naturist lifestyle by our textiled brethren. Notions of respect, of privacy, and of personal space would need to be thoroughly explored. I imagine community responsibility for the safety of children would also need to be explored. That just scratches the surface.

It's a long jump from agreed upon spaces--clubs, parks, beaches and resorts-- into which entry can be quasi-controlled and expulsion is an effective tool to control unacceptable behaviors all the way forward to a community standard.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody actually seen a charter for a group like AANR or BAN that has provisions for these social issues? I'd be interested to read the legalese. I'd imagine it has to be air-tight for an organization like that to exist.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  05:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The amount of capital needed to start such a project is probably in the $50 million to $70 million range for the initial costs of land, the first few buildings and beginnings of needed infrasructure such as sewers, roads and water supply. The place would have to provide some form of services or other production to a wide area to get income. New businesses need startup time, often years, before they begin to break even. Some of this effort might be trimmed by using an existing nudist facility as a nucleus to build on. In a colder climate there would probably have to be a center of a vast group of office buildings, shopping malls and residences to avoid the seasonal need for so much outdoor travel. We would need a critical startup of several thousand citizens, with a wide variety of skills being absolutely necessary.
Then there is the problem that the initial set of settlers are likely to be tilted toward the male side by a factor of, maybe twelve or fifteen to one, with a vanishing amount of children to start. This isn't a specifically nudist point, but rather that ANY project involving migration starts off mostly with single men, and the popular nudist ratio would compound it from there. At this point the proportion of misbehaving, rowdy undesirables of both sexes, would become an ongoing problem. The key question to putting it all together is that the income would have to be from a "cutting edge" center, such as developed in 1990s' Silicon Valley or 1920s' Detroit. Then the question comes of those who come to live who do not support the nudist idea or project. Also, when deaths happen, will those who inherit the properties be agreeable to the nudist project idea? Would covenants in deeds hold up?

Complications!

Realisticly tho, how many of us, even here on this webite would, or could, uproot to move to such a place. For myself, the financial burden would be intolerable: For example, I am retired on a limited disability, and luckily had my mortgage paid off back in 1993. Besides a leg amputation, I have several ongoing problems, including congestive heart failure. I am now very dependent on the fact that I live a couple miles from a major VA hospital. Moving is out of the question for myself.

Edited by - balataf on 12/01/2008 05:14:17 AM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  8:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they show designate one small town in each state as a nudist city, I think between the nudist who move there and the visitors the tax revenues would go up dramatically. I would move tommorrow, it would be great going shopping, the bank and maybe to church in the nude.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  7:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some nudist resorts have Sunday services with a minister, and nudity is no problem.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Durban nudes Topic Next Topic: Info on Palm Springs Inn  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved