Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 Public nudity in Spain
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Michigan/Lake Michigan/Upper Peninsula Topic Next Topic: Massachusetts?
Page: of 2

iamanudist

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  7:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love going to nude beaches here in the US but I am very interested in Spain because I read that public nudity in Spain is legal. I would like to go nude everywhere and so I would really like to know how far public nudity in Spain really goes.

I have never been to Europe but I have read that according to the law in Spain parks, streets, lakes, rives, streams, and squares are public and allow for nudity but what about other places.

I am told that for restaurants, libraries, and stores it depends on the owners to permit nude customers as Spain is not like in France Cap de age. However I thought libraries are public and therefore by law might allow nudity. However, I would guess that some of these places make exceptions.

Therefore I would like to know of any and all public places that allow pedestrians to go nude?

What about libraries, museums, banks, churches, and schools, these are public places?

If not every public place allows for nudity then which places allow for it or which places have exceptions and how? I would like to know how any public places in Spain are different from Cap de Age if public nudity is not forbidden in any public place in Spain?

Basically when I go to Barcelona I would like to go nude everywhere and I would just like to know where I can go nude everywhere.

Thank you,

Martha

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 05/14/2007 12:37:36 PM

smoothest

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  7:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to nude beach in Spain - I think in Barcelona area. Very nice there. I don't know about going nude elsewhere in Spain. I'd like to find out also. I'd also like to find out about Italy and Greece.

Tim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  11:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it would give a great sense of freedom to go nude all the time BUT...!

In Spain public nudity is legal more or less anywhere but exhibitionism is illegal. Unless masses of people regularly went nude in all the places you suggest they would probably achieve little more than getting the law changed to become much more restrictive again. Sensitivity to local views is important. Spanish people are very tolerant but they do have opinions about conduct and many are not aware of this law. Whilst they may not actually object to someone being nude on a textile beach, if you do not want to cause offense it is best restricted to quiet beaches and not in built up areas. Find your own spot a little distance from textiles and there will usually be no sign of objection or concern. If your neighbours are German (or some other nationalities) they will very likely then go nude as well. If you go beyond the official limits of naturist beaches usually no-one is bothered. I suggest this is the best way to make the most of this freedom under Spanish law. You can go nude in remoter country areas without fear of arrest, but again, be a little discreet about it unless you want the law to become more restrictive. Going nude in a church would be considered offensive by most Spanish people and I do not think the law allows you to do this.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  04:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spain has very relaxed attitudes to nudity there are many places to visit. The nearest to a "naked town" I've visited is Vera Playa, an area comprising a four star naturist hotel and multiple nude complexes made up of apartments & nudity is common in the streets. The concept is still being developed and is in a part of Spain relatively undeveloped. Some Spaghetti Westerns were shot there with Clint Eastwood et al which gives some idea as to the terrain once you venture inland. It's also on the same latitude as North Africa and gets pretty hot!

We have stayed at the Very Playa hotel a few times and Vera Natura both right on the beach where Hannibal is said to have landed his elephants en route to Rome via The Alps.

Well worth looking up the sites for more information & pictures of the hotel, Vera Natura etc.

Would not recomend a stroll through the streets of Madrid sans clothes. Just not done. As Tim mentioned Churches are off limits as Spain has a very strong Roman Catholic culture, so shorts are not really suitable either.

Rod

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  04:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard a story a while back about a Spanish school party on a trip to an art gallery in Madrid. When confronted by a classic canvas depicting nudes by a river one of the pupils said to the teacher "Oh look...............tourists!".

Rod

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  6:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudity in Spain isn't legal, its just not illegal.

Now that you are suitably confused I'll explain, there is no law against nudity, but that doesn't mean that you have carte blanche to walk around naked anywhere you like, but at least they have "Naturitsa Zona" where you can be naked without police harrassment.

It was rather odd walking the streets naked and being passed by a police patrol vehicle, going shopping in the nude, walking to the post box in the nude, but I could get used to it.

Don't get carried away though, the "Naturitsa Zona" is vey small and being squeezed smaller by the local council and developers, check out this site for more info http://www.veraplaya.info/index.html

The law in the UK is very similar, its not illegal to be naked, but the closed minds of many British leads to complaints followed by police action, and charges unrelated to nudity.

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Bart_Hicks
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  07:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Barcelona and I can confirm most of what's been written above.
It's not that nudism is allowed everywhere, it's simply not forbidden.
In reality, this means that you don't go nude wherever you want, unless it's a planned event (i.e. mass nude bicycling all around the city, weekly nude disco in Cornella', etc.) or it's a place where nudism is a common practice, like naturist beaches or campings.

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  1:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought that the following site might give you some relevent information about clothing optional beaches in south east spain. http://pages.zoom.co.uk/spain.beach/southeast-spain-nude-beaches.htm. I'm going to Cartegena in mid-Nov. and plan on visiting some of the beaches this site discusses. I know when I visited the Spanish Travel Board site they readly identified the availability of nudists beach along the Coasta del Sol, Costa Blanca areas of Southern Spain.
Regards,
SLO

Everyday is another reason to be yourself. So "Smile! Be Happy!"

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  4:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloboy

Thought that the following site might give you some relevent information about clothing optional beaches in south east spain. http://pages.zoom.co.uk/spain.beach/southeast-spain-nude-beaches.htm. I'm going to Cartegena in mid-Nov. and plan on visiting some of the beaches this site discusses. I know when I visited the Spanish Travel Board site they readly identified the availability of nudists beach along the Coasta del Sol, Costa Blanca areas of Southern Spain.
Regards,
SLO

Mid-November in Spain? It might just be a bit chilly to be at the beach, no?
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  03:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, it can be quite warm in Spain in November, especially this year when we are experiencing record temperatures in Europe. I was at Vera Playa in October last year, was naked for the whole week, apart from one trip out of the naturist urbanization.
The mornings can be a bit cool, but we still went swimming in the indoor pool, and I tried the outdoor pool, which is heated by solar energy, and it was too cold for me thanks.

I spent Christmas on Lanzarote, with only one day when I couldn't get naked, not too bad I suppose.

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  4:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
Actually, October through December are the best weather months to visit Southern Spain. Suppose to be in the mid 70's to early 80's with no humidity. When we took our Western Med. cruise in late May early June, it was in the mid 80's but humid in Barcelona the 3 days we were there and we were told that it would get worse as Summer season hit.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  05:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
70's & 80's a bit optimistic & the days are short late in the year. Citys tend to hold the heat more but September would be a better option in my experience. Canary Islands tend to be 70s all year but last January when I was on Gran Canaria it was too cold for me to go in the sea or get sand blasted on the beach. So, we went nude around the pool at Magnolias Natura.

Rod.

Rod

jherazob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  09:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Send jherazob a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So, if Spain is not the nude paradise people were expecting it to be, where is that paradise?

Extra points if that place has great broadband internet access

---------------------------------------
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
Robert Heinlein

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  11:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang Rod,
Most of the people I have been in contact with who live in area we are going tend to sustain my observation. Tell ya what! When I get back, I'll post a brief trip report. Ya know, I'll bet that Cartegna will be similar to South Orange weather we have in the Oct. to Dec. Nice and comfortable.

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  3:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloboy

Dang Rod,
Most of the people I have been in contact with who live in area we are going tend to sustain my observation. Tell ya what! When I get back, I'll post a brief trip report. Ya know, I'll bet that Cartegna will be similar to South Orange weather we have in the Oct. to Dec. Nice and comfortable.

I try to be a man of my word. I said I'd write a trip report about my stay in Spain. Well here is a brief report about our vist to a "Playa Nudista" not to far from La Manga de Mira Minor Spain. We stayed at the La Manga Resort just south east of Cartegena on the Costa Colida. Aka "Costa Blanca". We arrived at the airport in Alicante, Spain mid-day 11/12/06 and drove to the resort. The weather was a sunny 78 degrees however, we were suffering from a hetic 48 hours of traveling with a one day delay in Indianapolis, Indiana. Weather kept us from landing in Chicago to make our connection to Spain. Delay is another story and would be called a journey through hell. Anyway, I had scheduled Wed. the 15th a day to go to Playa Negrete for some nude bathing. When I arrived at the beach it was a clear comfortable 76 degrees and I was able to enjoy 3+ hours of just plan natural nudity on a beautiful beach. The beach is posted a "Playa Nudistas" or a nude beach. There weren't a lot of people in the area so the beauty of the beach was made that more enjoyable. I must tell you that finding the beach was no piece of cake since the information on the maps available to you are sparse at best. I was able to deduce that turn-off 10 "Calblanque" was more than likely the road "dirt" that I had to take to Parque Regional De Calblanque where Punta/Cabo/Playa Negrete is located. Don't count on getting much information at the hotel/resort desks on how to get where you want to go for a nude beach. So do you homework in advance and get a feel for the general lay out of where you want to go.

The terrain and climate of where we visited is not unlike Southern Orange County and San Diego County hence the similarity in weather. I will post some pictures of my visit to Playa Negrete in the next couple of days.
SLO

MistyJackIngrid

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  05:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's sort of hard doing public nudity.

It's nice not having to get dressed in front of other nudists, it's nice having no clothes, and it's nice feeling free but would you walk around a city (where it's legal to be nude) in nothing but your skin. I mean in cities, town, and public places loads of people can see you nude and they will probably be clothed.

It would take some serious courage to walk around nude in public. Besides with most towns/cities have Cameras and imagine the security guy seeing the person nude they recorded it.

So it would be nice to walk legally in a town, or city nude where you no longer have to worry about wearing clothes but with the laws, and embarrassment no one will attempt that.

Also everyone in that city, and perverts would be able to look at your private parts, and breasts (if your a women).

Cheers!

PS: I'm not against public nudity, It's just the law, and does anyone have the courage for public nudity.

Edited by - MistyJackIngrid on 11/22/2006 05:12:15 AM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Michigan/Lake Michigan/Upper Peninsula Topic Next Topic: Massachusetts?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved