Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 153 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 body piercings?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Are You A Computer Geek? Topic Next Topic: Swimming in ocean nude
Page: of 10

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  11:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not bothered, Ace, just having trouble understanding the purpose for doing such. Ear piercing is easy to follow; women have worn earrings for, it seems like, ever. And piercing the ears is much more efficient. But why on parts of one's body that are not in view unless one is nude? Is it meant to bring attention to a particular body part?

Regardless of how open-minded I might be, anything you are trying to express by, say, a pierced nipple, isn't going to come across in the real world (where it is covered) is it? Is that it? You have difficulty expressing yourself verbally so you get a body part pierced? You need a conversation starter?

Yeah, I know, the same argument can be made for a tatoo. But many tatoos are readily visible on the street. My question, and I think it is relevant in this type of forum, refers to those embellishments to one's body that are only apparent when one is nude. Is it a form of exhibitionism?

kissedbyfire

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  1:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf, I had to remove them due to rejection issues. I could get them redone but it's not high on my list of things I want pierced. They look beautiful, but actually getting them pierced wasn't fun. The b/f actually prefers them without the jewelry, I'm not in a hurry to get those redone.

As for the piercings that you don't normally see unless nude, some, but not all, are done for sexual reasons. Certian ones arn't very noticable depending on the jewelry used. Barbells are easily missed.

Also, keep in mind that not all tattoos are visable clothed. I've seen tattoos on certian areas that make me cringe. I wouldn't say it's a form of exhibitionism for everyone although I'm sure there are individuals out there that do it for attention. I just see it as a beautiful art form and a way of expressing one self. Granted it can bring attention to certian areas, but I'm prone to forgetting I even have piercings or tattoos. It might sound silly but they've become so much a part of me that I don't notice them.

Cultures have practiced forms of modification for centuries. Be it piercing, tattoos, foot binding, corsetry, etc. Sometimes it was done to make people more attractive, sometimes it was done as a rite of passage.

Ace
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  9:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Non nudists say the same thing about nudists; are you nude just to bring attention to your normally clothed parts. Just some food for thought...

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  11:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as genitalia are concerned, male organ piercings, like male excitations, are much more visible than those of females.

This, too, is a question of many women's oversensitivity. Beauty and ugliness are in the perceptions of the beholder. Women hace a different instinctual programming.

LisaS
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  12:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont see y people would care if u have piercings.. i have a few on my ears (like all girls do) but i have been thinking about getting my nipples pierced.. I think its different and not to many women get them.. so i think it just would be dufferent

smoothest

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think body piercings are cool. I'm just afraid to get any because of possible infection and other potential problems. I would not get the Prince Albert because it seems you wouldn't urinate properly. But other than that, I wish I could muster up the courage. They are a form of expression and we are expressing ourselves by being nude. We express ourselves by pubic hairstyles and regular hairstyles. Its fun to express yourself and if it starts a conversation, great.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  4:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, LisaS, if it's just to be different, wouldn't an arrow through one's head do the trick?
And, Ace, the only person who seems attentive to my normally clothed parts when I am nude is me. That can't be it.

Why don't we all just wear signs or have signs (sort of like the artist formerly known as "Prince")? Our own avatars! Then we'll never have to speak to one another again. Or learn to discriminately communicate. And if you misinterpret my signs, that's your tough luck.

I am not closed to having one . . . if someone could just present sufficient reason for doing so. Or even reason that overcomes Smoothest's reason for not having one.

Edited by - GeeWilly on 07/15/2006 4:30:29 PM

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  01:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GeeWilly,

It may be that the (Warning! Generalization ahead! Danger of misinterpretation!) nature of people is to have "some" adornment of some kind in any circumstance. Even the tribes of people who live in the rain forests have some adornment it seems, be it a tattoo or a bone in the nose. In one case, it was a piece of bamboo several inches long shoved through their lower lip region that they methodically cleaned and replaced as necessary. They may not have modern conveniences, but they have an adornment.

That may be why no one is has placed a sufficiently reasoned arguement for having piercings or tattoo's. Its just an internal drive to decorate ourselves so that we are pleasing to ourselves and others in any circumstance.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Edited by - Ranger191 on 07/22/2006 01:14:37 AM

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  11:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We met a girl a couple of years ago in Spain who had piercing in her labia and they did draw the eye to her as they sparkled in the sun. She was happy to be seen and changed them daily with different coloured stones. No problem at all. Nobody, quite rightly objected as all she was doing was expressing her own individuality. If people choose to have piercing in various parts of the body others will of course notice them and after all having such adornments is a reflection on the individual. A ring in the head of a penis or through a nipple might bring tears to the eyes of some, amusement to others & admiration to others again. Hard to not notice such things & surely the intention must be for these things to be noticed & looked it if not actually stared at in a lewd manner.

Rod

Peter Pan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  03:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Peter Pan an AOL message  Send Peter Pan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i personally havent had any body mods done to my person, but in my opinion, and in response to some things said in this chat, i dont think its something that can be explained..its more like a feeling or an emotion..but i think to summerize it for most people;
if you have to ask, you'll never understand

~Petey Pan~

primalpete

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see primalpete's MSN Messenger address  Send primalpete a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys. I believe that being nudists in itself is a statement of being free with your body and mind and allowing your personality to speak rather than to be judged by appearance.

I think that should go for free spirits that want piercings for their own enjoyment and if others enjoy the view all the better!

I have a Prince Albert (6mm Horseshoe) and a very nice 9ct gold nipple piercing and have never had any complaints from AN resorts (Hedo III and COR).

So long live individuality and freedom to display and thinks openly.

Naturally yours

Pete

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  4:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by primalpete

Hey Guys. I believe that being nudists in itself is a statement of being free with your body and mind and allowing your personality to speak rather than to be judged by appearance.

I think that should go for free spirits that want piercings for their own enjoyment and if others enjoy the view all the better!

I have a Prince Albert (6mm Horseshoe) and a very nice 9ct gold nipple piercing and have never had any complaints from AN resorts (Hedo III and COR).

So long live individuality and freedom to display and thinks openly.

Naturally yours

Pete

Pete, Hedo and other Jamaican resorts are not nudist resorts. They're resorts that happen to have clothing optional areas. If you want to visit any of the USA parks or resorts, you might clear it with them ahead of tiem.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  6:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Peter Pan has a good explanation: having a piercing is more like a feeling or an emotion. Borrowing from John Denver, "far out".

For primalpete: if being a nudist is, in itself, a statement of being free and not judged by appearance, doesn't piercing one's body in places only visible when nude become a substitute 'appearance'?
Aren't you asking to be judged by your piercings? If they are only for you, why do you let others see them?

Why not just be nude?

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LisaS:

Go for it. My wife was gun shy and when I decided to have my nipples pierced and navel, she gave it a thought.

One day, we were in Boston, which is a distance from hour home in western part of the state.
We were walking down the street, and she happened to see a shop which did body piercings.
That day she had her navel done.

After that day, she could not wait for her next piercing. Right now she has both nipples pierced, and she has piercings elsewhere!!!

She loves them.

She is able to get some nice 14KT jewelery for her belly button and and also her nipples.

Just last week we were at our fav. club here in here in the Northeast, and she loved showing off her new jewelry.

There are some great sites that she can pop on and purchase new items.

Her females friends love the look, but are frightened by the pain that may occur. She tells them that is only for the minute, and the caring for them afterwards is not that diff.

Be patient, and wear loose clothing.

I think I have created a monster.

Cookie

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  8:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GeeWilly, you said-"Aren't you asking to be judged by your piercings? If they are only for you, why do you let others see them?
Why not just be nude?"
[/quote]

I've read your posts in this thread and others concerning body mods it's apparant that you will never get it! So with that said,it's like watching TV if you don't like what you see don't watch it!Doesn't get much simpler than that!!!!!!! Dave...

If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!!!

Edited by - Dave on 07/28/2006 05:04:30 AM

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: Are You A Computer Geek? Topic Next Topic: Swimming in ocean nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved