Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 423 ]  [ Total: 423 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Do you think nudity is addictive?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Biggest risk to be nude? Topic Next Topic: First timers
Page: of 2

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  08:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife thinks that nudity is addictive and she compared it it to a [my former] smoking habit. Whenever I undress, i make a "finally!" sound. Sort of a forced exhale of breath. She said I do the same thing almost every time I complete the act of removing my clothes. I knew that I did it sometimes (after work, 90°+ day) but I didn't realize that I did it so often. I do know that I used to do the same thing after not having a cigarette for a while.

I think nudity in and of itself is not addictive. I say that from the perspective that I start to relax more/faster as soon as I am nude as opposed to before I am nude and I will wholeheartedly admit to being addicted to feeling relaxed!

So the question is:
Do you think being nude, in and of itself, is addictaive?

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  11:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think addictive is the right word. I think it's more of a freedom, getting comfortable. If you have company there who are not nudist-friendly and you can't get undressed and you're nervous, on edge, etc., then it would be an obsession or a compulsion and definitely not the healthy, relaxing lifestyle you have decided to embrace. There are some who are compulsive and obsessed about nudism as there are those who are about clothing.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jtcsrtx

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  8:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jtcsrtx's Homepage  Send jtcsrtx a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree about a term other than "addictive"... I am more comfortable sans clothing and attain that condition as quickly as I can when I get home. I would just call it a "preferred state". If I have to put something on to go to the store or run errands, so be it. But at home, back to basics.

Jack
In Houston naturally......

interestediam@hotmail.com

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  3:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that "addictive" might sound a little too much like it's something that you feel you have to do rather than want to do. My personal perspective is that from the time I arrive at the nudist club to the time I have to return to my car and get dressed again to go home, I am the most relaxed and personally at ease than I can become in any other manner.
As I sort of look towards going to the nudist resort with the same enthusiasm as a kid waking up on Christmas morning, I also feel a slight "sadness" at the end of the day when I must return home to the textile world.
I suppose the fact that I look forward to the weekly weekend visits as much as I do could technically qualify as "addicted"...but in the nicest possible sense...as much as anyone can be addicted to a pleasurable sensation that does no harm.

JustJim

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  5:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cougar

So the question is:
Do you think being nude, in and of itself, is addictaive?

Addiction is an uncontrollable compulsion, if you couldn't force yourself to put on clothes for any reason or if you had to be nude 24-7 then it would be addictive. In fact, I'll bet there is an "ism" somewhere to define that very condition.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  7:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the other posts that "addictive" is not the correct word. It is true however that most people that experience the freedom of being a nudist tend to want to practice it more and more. I have known many people that have altered their lives substancially to be able to be nude more often or all the time. I know many nudists (myself included), that think about traveling to resorts and exotic places to be nude. This can actually eat up a lot of productive time. To outsiders these could look like a indicators of addiction.

I think most humans are programmed to seek hapiness and enjoyment. For many people, the ability to be recreational nudists brings tremendous pleasure so they seek to prolong it or experience it more often.

My 2 bit psych.

Paul1011

bareskin_rug
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with the others..."preferred" rather than "addictive" would apply, though like Paul above, nudity has changed our family routine somewhat. We still get out and the kids still have friends over (and the rule is clothes stay on when company is over). But we do spend more time together than we did even three months ago, when we started practicing. I would say it's addictive if we couldn't leave the house or if we never had anyone over because we couldn't stand to put clothes on.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  1:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudity is not addictive but, the feeling of rightness is. imho

Just me, Willy

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  8:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I'm addicted to nudism, I think the textiles are addicted to clothing. If society embrassed their humanity there wouldn't even be such a thing as nudism.

http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  02:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not addicted to nudity per se, its the feel good factor that nuduity brings, thats what I'm addicted to.
Endorphins are, I believe, what we enjoy when we are relaxed and happy, they are most certainly addictive, as is Adrenaline, and they are legal too!!!

I recently attended a resort open day, I met loads of friends, old and new, I had a great time, I can't wait for the next naturist event, so I suppose you could say I'm addicted in a round about sort of way.

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  8:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me and my wife, it is a pleasure.

We can't wait to get home after work, especially now that the warm weather is here.

Has soon as we hit the door in the evening that is it. A nice refreshing shower, glass of wine, and then a relaxing dinner.

Weekends are just the same.

The Winters are cold and snowy here in the Northeast, so it is so nice to be addicted!!

If this is an addiction, we love it.

Cookie

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  04:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes.

Rod

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  9:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cookie, although we are nude at home when it is warm and the situation allows us the thing that appeals to us as nudists is the people.
We have a caravan on a permanent site at our club which we escape to as often as possible even during the winter months.
There is nothing better than sitting back on a warm evening after having a swim and have a few drinks and a bar-b-que free of clothing.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  10:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Addictive? No, if it was I think we would all be convicted pushers! We all know a great many people that need a little sunshine where it don't normally go.

Tim

Edited by - Moderator on 06/26/2006 10:17:18 AM

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  7:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am not addicted to nudity, I am just allergic to clothes.

Ray

Natalie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 99% certain nudity is not addictive simply because of the definition of the word addictive. An addiction is characterized by A) well defined physical symptoms upon withdrawal. B) a compulsive need for the state produced (generally by a substance)

And while I greatly prefer to be nude, I don't get sick when I have my clothes on, and I am yet to freak out in the middle of an airport and strip nude. Thankfully.

Bye Bye

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Biggest risk to be nude? Topic Next Topic: First timers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved