Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 561 ]  [ Total: 561 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudity in Movies and TV
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched
Page: of 5

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  11:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only it were that easy. And let's look at things as I see them now. This country is divided as never before and instead of having discussions as to how to bring about harmony all we have are shouting matches between liberals and conservatives, republicans and democrats, haves and have not's and finally nudists and textiles. Even when there is concrete evidence presented people will believe what they want to believe. As long as the powers that be continue to insist that their bottom line will be hurt by supporting anything that may not be mainstream things will remain the same. Just look how fast corporations bailed on the NFL and players with the latest firestorm. Do they really care about spousal abuse? Or are they concerned that women, who make up most of the consumers, will boycott their products? Now, if we as nudists could begin enough of a grass roots effort to flex our spending dollars then maybe things would change. As long as we were not shouted down.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  1:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudewalker

If only it were that easy. And let's look at things as I see them now. This country is divided as never before and instead of having discussions as to how to bring about harmony all we have are shouting matches between liberals and conservatives, republicans and democrats, haves and have not's and finally nudists and textiles. Even when there is concrete evidence presented people will believe what they want to believe. As long as the powers that be continue to insist that their bottom line will be hurt by supporting anything that may not be mainstream things will remain the same. Just look how fast corporations bailed on the NFL and players with the latest firestorm. Do they really care about spousal abuse? Or are they concerned that women, who make up most of the consumers, will boycott their products? Now, if we as nudists could begin enough of a grass roots effort to flex our spending dollars then maybe things would change. As long as we were not shouted down.

And the irony here is that deep down we ALL want the same thing, the freedom to live our lives as we see fit.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, there are too many that want us to live our lives as they see fit.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  10:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudewalker

No, there are too many that want us to live our lives as they see fit.

Sadly, this is all too true. But again the irony is that they do want to live their lives their way, sadly they also see fit to try and force that way of life on others, whether we want/desire it or not.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  09:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We should all start complaining to networks about their bluring of bodies. The more complaints the better. They probably only get complaints when they don't blur.

Naked is green.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnarlyoldman

We should all start complaining to networks about their blurring of bodies. The more complaints the better. They probably only get complaints when they don't blur.

Naked is green.

That’s probably not a bad idea. Should we start with the local affiliates, or just go to the “big boys,” i.e. ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC? And whom should we contact? The programming department, legal, advertising, who?

What about contacting some of the bigger advertisers? Would it do any good to contact say Ford, GM, Betty Crocker, and Anheuser Busch? I mean given that directly or indirectly they control what goes on TV and radio if they started hearing that people are going to start boycotting the shows that they purchase advertising space in it will get their attention. As people will NOT be seeing their ads, and their advertising dollars will have gone to waste, and they won’t be selling their product(s).

And as we’ve said/noted in the past the irony is that not only in Europe but other countries they have not only public/social nudity, but they have nudity in some form or another on their TV and if I am not mistaken they’ve had no problems in doing so. So there is no reason that we here in The States can’t do the same.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  10:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Love Prison"

I watched the first episode of A&E's new series Love Prison.

The setup is that they find 2 people who have "met" on line but never met in person. The producers dumps them both off on a very small island for a week together. The island has a modern home and small yard taking up the whole island.

The first couple was a plumpish angry female from NYC and a body builder man from NJ. She gave him a cold shoulder the entire time, despite his frequent attempts to engage in conversation or even pleasantness. She played "offended" when he went skinny dipping in the bay on day 3. By day 6 he was thoroughly irritated by her constant belligerent attitude, and just figured "F it" and began going naked about the house too.

The house had about 30 cameras so the couples were never "private." Producers blured the naked man. The female made disgusting comments about him, just insults with no substance whether he was naked and clothed.

By day 7 they wouldn't ride home on the same boat.

It seemed to me that the producers had shown him going naked in a positive light. Her bitching about it, along with bitching about everything else he did, came off showing that criticizing nudity is ridiculous and unfriendly.

Naked is green.

Edited by - gnarlyoldman on 09/24/2014 10:27:10 AM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  10:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Buying Naked"

I watched another episode of Buying Naked because it was on after Love Prison.

A&E seems to be promoting nudity. Good!

This episode featured a nudist group going bowling at a regular bowling alley with lots of textile bowlers there too. The overall message was that naked bowling is fun, and that textile people should interact with the naked bowlers like interacting with anyone else. Textile bowlers were "shocked" at first but soon figured it out and had a good time interacting as normal. Naked is just a good way to undress for bowling.

The Real Estate lady said she is also a nudist, but neither her nor her associates appeared naked on the show. They also still show buns but not fronts.

I liked the fact that they branched out and pushed nudity into a regular business off the reservation. A&E seems to be pushing public acceptance of nudity. They have my support for that effort.

Naked is green.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  3:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gnarly,

Thank you for those reviews. From what you wrote about "Love Prison" it sounds as if the woman in question has a problem with social nudity. Which is a shame, but sadly not too surprising.

I'd be more impressed with "Buying Naked" if everyone was nude, after all from what I'd heard about the show on TMZ Live, it sounded like the properties were also at nudist venues. IF that's the case it'd make sense that everyone should be nude, or am I missing something?

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  8:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy

Gnarly,

Thank you for those reviews. From what you wrote about "Love Prison" it sounds as if the woman in question has a problem with social nudity. Which is a shame, but sadly not too surprising.

I'd be more impressed with "Buying Naked" if everyone was nude, after all from what I'd heard about the show on TMZ Live, it sounded like the properties were also at nudist venues. IF that's the case it'd make sense that everyone should be nude, or am I missing something?

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

You may be missing something Herman.

The bowling alley was NOT a nudist venue. They just allowed a nudist group to come bowl in the evenings along with everyone else.

The properties shown by the nudist Real Estate agent are not in gated nudist communities. There was one comment about a neighbor who didn't want nudes next door.

So some of it is at gated nudist reserves, but a lot of Buying Naked is about pushing nudism outside of gated reserves.

Naked is green.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  12:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The bowling alley was NOT a nudist venue. They just allowed a nudist group to come bowl in the evenings along with everyone else.

The properties shown by the nudist Real Estate agent are not in gated nudist communities. There was one comment about a neighbor who didn’t want nudes next door.

So some of it is at gated nudist reserves, but a lot of Buying Naked is about pushing nudism outside of gated reserves.

Naked is green.

Again, thank you Gnarly. I know that the bowling alley that is or was in front of - - used to host a nude bowling night, I don’t know if textiles were admitted or not. Also, I do not know if they still do, it would be nice if they did.

I’ve also thought that IF we could convince grocery stores, department stores, movie theaters, etc. that one night a week to hold a nude or clothing optional shopping event. Given that they ARE private property with public access there would be no violation of laws in doing so.

The irony with that particular neighbor is that they probably have more “nudes” next door then they realize. And even more ironic is that said neighbor has probably spent some time themselves in the nude at home, maybe even skinny dipping in their pool (if they have one) late at night.

It’s nice that they’re “pushing the envelope” as it were, and hopefully through both shows people will learn that there is nothing wrong with plain simple nudity. And that people should be free to go nude not only in their home, but anywhere on their public regardless of who might see them or anywhere in public.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The properties shown by the nudist Real Estate agent are not in gated nudist communities. There was one comment about a neighbor who didn’t want nudes next door.

Naked is green.

Again, thank you Gnarly. I know that the bowling alley that is or was in front of - - used to host a nude bowling night, I don’t know if textiles were admitted or not. Also, I do not know if they still do, it would be nice if they did.

I’ve also thought that IF we could convince grocery stores, department stores, movie theaters, etc. that one night a week to hold a nude or clothing optional shopping event. Given that they ARE private property with public access there would be no violation of laws in doing so.

The irony with that particular neighbor is that they probably have more “nudes” next door then they realize. And even more ironic is that said neighbor has probably spent some time themselves in the nude at home, maybe even skinny dipping in their pool (if they have one) late at night.

It’s nice that they’re “pushing the envelope” as it were, and hopefully through both shows people will learn that there is nothing wrong with plain simple nudity. And that people should be free to go nude not only in their home, but anywhere on their public regardless of who might see them or anywhere in public.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  1:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Naked is green.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  04:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching Family Feud today (with Steve Harvey) and one of the questions was "Name someone you wouldn't want to run into at a nudist resort". There were only four answers. I don't remember them all, but I do remember "mother, "boss/coworkers" and "fatties" being three of them.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  08:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

I was watching Family Feud today (with Steve Harvey) and one of the questions was "Name someone you wouldn't want to run into at a nudist resort". There were only four answers. I don't remember them all, but I do remember "mother, "boss/coworkers" and "fatties" being three of them.

Thus, showing their ignorance of what nudism is about.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved