Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 475 ]  [ Total: 475 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudity in Movies and TV
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched
Page: of 5

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  9:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here’s a good question for everyone. Which Movies and TV shows do you think portray nudity in a positive light? And why in your opinion.

I can think of the following:

Movies

Sheena - The way that “Sheena” is at ease with her nudity almost as if she doesn’t realize that she is nude.
Beastmaster - The way that the “slaves” are enjoying a bath in the “river” or whatever body of water that it is that they’re in.
Altered States - Just the general acceptance of the human body.
The Abyss - Towards the end when they’re trying to save the life of female member of the crew who allowed herself to drown so that she and her husband could get back to the base.
Starship Troopers - The shower room scene where everyone is telling why they joined the Mobil Infantry.
10 - Because of the innocent way that the young Bo Derek is comfortable with her nudity. Question is Ms Derek IRL a nudist?
Swordfish - Halle Berry’s topless scene w/Hugh Jackman. Even though Hallie has said in interviews that she considered it to be “gratuitous,” she said that she did it because she felt that that is how her character would have behaved.
To me IF her character was comfortable enough in her own skin NOT to be embarassed to be seen by someone else then it isn’t/wasn’t “gratuitous.”

TV

Malcolm in the Middle - The pilot episode where his mother answers the door without first putting on a shirt or blouse or in trying to cover up the fact she isn’t wearing any sort of top.
Eight is Enough - When the father took the youngest son to the “Y” to teach him how to swim, and they walk out of the locker room to the pool area nude, only to find out that nudity isn’t allowed at the “Y” anymore.
The commercial (I can’t remember what they’re selling) where the woman goes into her closet looking for something to wear to the party that she’s hosting, and she walks out to the party wearing only a pair of black shoes.
The Subaru/Suzuki commercial where the woman gets into an elevator and changes out of her work clothes and into her exercise clothes.

Sadly, other then the above mentioned shows/commercials I really can’t think of too many that have shown nudity in a positive or even semi-positive light.

Herman

paminimalist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  10:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summer Lovers, 1983
Women of Desire- Bo Derek 1990s
At Play in the Fields of the Lord
Splash
Swimming Pool
any Euro movie??
Tarzan 1981-Bo Derek
Bolero-Bo Derek???
Teen movies 1980s.
Shot in Dark 1960s BW-Peter Sellers
007 movies: implied nudisim.
Blue Lagoon, 1980s.
The Beach.
Woodstock docu 1970
Miscl nudist made movies 1950s,60s??

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  8:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paminimalist

Summer Lovers, 1983
Women of Desire- Bo Derek 1990s
At Play in the Fields of the Lord
Splash
Swimming Pool
any Euro movie??
Tarzan 1981-Bo Derek
Bolero-Bo Derek???
Teen movies 1980s.
Shot in Dark 1960s BW-Peter Sellers
007 movies: implied nudisim.
Blue Lagoon, 1980s.
The Beach.
Woodstock docu 1970
Miscl nudist made movies 1950s,60s??

I think that most “teen” movies used nudity to titillate, rather then someone just being nude in the normal course of their day. I was gonna list a few more of Bo’s movies, as she truly appears to be at ease with going nude in her movies.

I think that Logan’s Run might be another good example. Particularly when Logan and Jennifer are “running” and they get to Box’s cave and he has so many runners frozen for storage.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  8:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Even though it was used more for comic effect/relief I think that the TV Series M*A*S*H is a good example.

Herman

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  2:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For my $.02, the 1988 film "Castaway" with Amanda Donohoe and Oliver Reed is a tremendous picture of living cloths free. While there are lots of struggles living on the island, there is a simplicity to their lives that is very attractive.

Paul1011

stewincanada
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  12:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit stewincanada's Homepage  Send stewincanada a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with the Castaway selection...i have often had fantasies of living simply in such a fashion....then i remember the sand flies..without them it would be paradise

Stewart
Cheap Airfares for nudists ( and others )

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  11:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Blue Lagoon definitely. It portrays nudity as natural and innocent.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

Edited by - vealj on 06/01/2006 11:41:12 AM

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  7:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vealj

Blue Lagoon definitely. It portrays nudity as natural and innocent.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

Yes, both Blue Lagoon's are good examples.

Herman

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  01:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One I watched recently with non-sexual nudity was "Off The Map" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0332285/).

Although the nudity itself (male and female) was non-sexual, the female nudity was used to build a sexual tension.

stewincanada
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  01:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit stewincanada's Homepage  Send stewincanada a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I spent a week camping on an island that was a five minute boat ride from the beach that Blue Lagoon was filmed on, that whole area is awesome, although you need to watch out for sea snakes...

Stewart
Cheap Airfares for nudists ( and others )

Daytonaguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  02:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schindler's List........the nudity only adds to the horror of it all.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  11:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daytonaguy

Yeah, I don't think that it would have had the impact that it did, if it was censored. I hate the idea that had to get "special" permission to air it uncut, and uncensored.

Herman

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  8:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone watched Going Tribal on the Travel Channel. The other night the Chief told the camera man, "we don't need clothes, it's more comfortable that way".

Diger

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try "The Notorious Bettie Paige". It's an interesting take on 1950's pin-up nudism from the rather innocent perspective of Bettie ... even while she's being exploited for the titillation of others.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  2:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Try "The Notorious Bettie Paige". It's an interesting take on 1950's pin-up nudism from the rather innocent perspective of Bettie ... even while she's being exploited for the titillation of others.

Doc,

I wouldn't say that she was "exploited" as she knew the kind of photo's that Irving Klaw took, and knew that if she wanted to work for him. That she'd have to take part in those photo's.

There's been plenty of articles on her that said that she was willing to take part in those photo's so as to be photographed by Irving Klaw. So given that, how was she "exploited?" She has also refused to do appearance's as an "older" model, because she doesn't want to "disapoint" her legion of fans.

Herman

todaresq

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy

quote:
Originally posted by Daytonaguy

Yeah, I don't think that it would have had the impact that it did, if it was censored. I hate the idea that had to get "special" permission to air it uncut, and uncensored.

Herman

That is true... it helped portray the negativity even more. What I do find sad as well, not just that they needed "special" permission to show it with the nudity on broadcast television, but that they didn't need "special" permission to show people being killed or dead bodies being moved in large wheelbarrows.

quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Has anyone watched Going Tribal on the Travel Channel. The other night the Chief told the camera man, "we don't need clothes, it's more comfortable that way".

Diger

That is one thing I have noticed change over time. When I was younger, I remember shows on PBS showing natives in other countries living how they always have. Now, if a show is on a place where they live mostly nude, they smudge out the nudity... even on cable channels like TLC and Discovery.

When I was in Ireland, there were movies on that would be rated R here due to nudity on regular TV in the afternoon.

In France back in the early 90's, there were two commercials I remember also since they wouldn't be shown here due to nudity. One was a Danon Yogurt commercial that starts at a woman's head and moves down her body. She is eating the yogurt... as it gets to her abdomen the camera rotates around her body while continuing down... passing her butt all the way to her feet... it ended by saying something about being Healthy and Natural. She was completely nude.

The other commercial was for kitchen shelving. Showed a woman come home with groceries. She took off her top and started putting the groceries away. It ended saying something about the shelving giving her freedom.

Neither one was sexual... but of course they were attractive women. It is still a "sex" sells marketing theme... but the Eurpeans know there is a difference between things.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved