Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 194 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 3Mile Beach Penticton B.C. Canada (OkanaganValley)
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Grandview Beach in the Nude Topic Next Topic: Naturist beaches on Kauai
Page: of 3

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  2:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Between Penticton B.C. and Naramata there is a beach called "3Mile". The North end of the beach just past the willow tree is and has been known as a nude beach since before 1950 (by locals), according to one of the elderly frequent users. I have frequented this beach for many years. So if you are making a trip to the Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada here listed below is the GPS coordinates.

GPS 3-Mile Beach Penticton (Nude Beach Area)
N49° 32.331
W119° 34.469

More info and road directions: http://members.shaw.ca/co-bc/?co-interior.html#okanagan

Photo: http://members.shaw.ca/co-bc/co-photos/ph-int-3mile.jpg

Guy

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GuyThaLizard/

"Nude; just means barefoot all over"

Edited by - GuyThaLizard on 02/12/2008 11:52:04 AM

backtrack3

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  10:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to 3 Mile Beach numerous times and it is a great beach. Someone is building a house above the beach, so it may change the atmosphere a little if they cut down some trees. We will wait to see what happens.

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  9:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by backtrack3

I have been to 3 Mile Beach numerous times and it is a great beach. Someone is building a house above the beach, so it may change the atmosphere a little if they cut down some trees. We will wait to see what happens.

3-Mile beach "Nude area" has been sold!

Tree removal and "natural boundary marker" stakes have been placed.

I have taken some photos of 3-mile beach indicating the boundary pins and some photos showing what is happening at 3-mile beach for anyone interested at this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48992536@N00/407397866/in/set-72157594564576559/

------------------------------------------------
GuyThaLizard,
"Nude" just means barefoot all over.

... Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins,
and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so,
walking naked and barefoot. (Isaiah 20:2-4)

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  9:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They say it's going to be a hot dry summer this year (2007) in the Okanagan! possibly in the high 40's.

Since 3mile c/o beach is now sold, anyone from the Penticton area looking for a c/o area could try the "ESPLANADE" trail below is a photo link and a map link. Not as popular as 3mile in the past but is used by naturists often and now with the sale of the 3mile c/o area this is the next closest secluded area, I can see Esplanade Tr. becoming vary popular c/o area in the future.

"ESPLANADE" trail Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48992536@N00/407488749/in/set-72157594542534507/

"ESPLANADE" trail, see map
[map1 N49 30.334 W119 34.969]:
http://boulter.com/gps/?c=N49%2030.334%20W119%2034.969

Parking is easy on Marina Way by the textile beach.
Directions:
1) North on Main St. toward Okanagan Lake.
2) East onto Front St. to the "Round-About" (Front Street is one block south of Okanagan Lake).
continue in the Round-About and take the turn towards the lake.
3) Continue down this road (Marina Way) to the next "Round-About" at this "Round-About" you will see a dirt parking lot (free parking) and if you continue east in this Round-About you head into the Penticton Yacht Club. The trail-head is at the end of the road where you will see the Park Sign.

On the trail, head north along the beach from the point on the map, there are many secluded areas. This beach eventually leads north to 3mile.

Have a great nude day!

Guy

GuyThaLizard,

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Update:
During the past 3 days

6 users Sat.& Sun. Monday about 10 users there.
It appears the new land owner can't get a permit to build on the land near the beach as originally wanted and the beach seems to be in full use by the local naturists. The private property signs have been taken down by who I don't know (land owner or other) as well as the marker stakes.

Guy

GuyThaLizard,

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  12:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

3Mile appears to alive and well! busy all last week about 15-20 yesterday and today about 10.

The weather is great!
(attached is our weather report.)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CABC0218.htm?wbRef=&link=cityPage&ref=btn120_city

GuyThaLizard,

olderguy1958

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  12:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the pleasure of going to this beach earlier today. All is well with Three Mile Beach. Thanks for posting this info GuyThaLizard.

Dave.

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  8:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olderguy1958

Had the pleasure of going to this beach earlier today. All is well with Three Mile Beach. Thanks for posting this info GuyThaLizard.

Dave.

Hi Dave
Today I kayaked from Penticton marina to 3 mile and back o'naturalwhat a blast, vary relaxing! Anyway, all is well there, no construction happening and there was about half a dozen naturists on the beach, it was about 10:00am when I arrived there (still quite early in the day). RCMP were out there the other day and were checking for people camping and said hi to the naturists there and then left. Nice to see the RCMP don't have problems with the c/o beach in Penticton. Do you know if Kelowna Cedar park is still open for naturists?

Guy

GuyThaLizard,

v8lover

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  12:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GuyThaLizard

quote:

Dave.

Hi Dave
Today I kayaked from Penticton marina to 3 mile and back o'naturalwhat a blast, vary relaxing! Anyway, all is well there, no construction happening and there was about half a dozen naturists on the beach, it was about 10:00am when I arrived there (still quite early in the day). RCMP were out there the other day and were checking for people camping and said hi to the naturists there and then left. Nice to see the RCMP don't have problems with the c/o beach in Penticton. Do you know if Kelowna Cedar park is still open for naturists?

Guy

GuyThaLizard,

We went to Three Mile Beach twice this August long weekend. What a great beach with friendly people!

As far as Kelowna's Cedar Creek, it's not really a good nude beach anymore. There's signs indicating that nude use is not allowed and it's also a popular dog walk spot. Most of the people I've seen there are just walking their dog through the area. There is still nude use however, but it isn't as comfortable as it isn't very private.

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  6:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi v8lover
It's sad to hear about Kelowna's c/o Cedar Creek beach area. But I understand they have another area in Kelowna that some are using. It's at N 49 54.918 / W 119 29.329 Poplar Point Beach - Kelowna B.C. (Knox Mtn. area)
http://members.shaw.ca/co-bc/?co-interior.html

I will have check it out some time when I am in the area.

As I kayak from Penticton Marina to Three Mile, along the East side of the lake, you can see numerous naturists. Vary friendly, they wave as I go by, some chat. Few couples mostly singles along that shore. I enjoy a nude walk along that shore often In the spring and summer.

Guy

quote:
Originally posted by v8lover

quote:
Originally posted by GuyThaLizard

quote:

Dave.

Hi Dave

Guy

GuyThaLizard,

We went to Three Mile Beach twice this August long weekend. What a great beach with friendly people!

As far as Kelowna's Cedar Creek, it's not really a good nude beach anymore. There's signs indicating that nude use is not allowed and it's also a popular dog walk spot. Most of the people I've seen there are just walking their dog through the area. There is still nude use however, but it isn't as comfortable as it isn't very private.

GuyThaLizard,

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  12:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NEW 3MILE BEACH WEBSITE

Three Mile Beach now has a Yahoo Group click on this link below and show your support by becoming a member.

Thanks!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Naturists-at-3-Mile-CO-Beach/

Guy
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GuyThaLizard/
"Nude; just means barefoot all over"

Matilda
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  6:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for an update on 3mile beach.
Is it alive?
Any word from the owner?

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What is the current status of 3mile beach. I am planning to visit 3mile sometime this summer.

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  12:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by free2tannude

What is the current status of 3mile beach. I am planning to visit 3mile sometime this summer.

All is well at Three Mile, beach is open for the public. All private property signs were removed last I checked when I paddled out there last month.

Guy

-Guy-
You can find me at..
http://tinyurl.com/GTL-GPSnetworks

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  6:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear 3 Mile Beach is once again open to us. Was afraid we had lost our last remaining Okanagan nude beach. Will be there Saturday (July 3/10) for the day...hope to run into some of our old friends :)

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  3:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
July 3rd was gorgeous at the beach. Forecast for tomorrow, July 24 is for sun, no clouds and a high of 34C. Off to the beach again!!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Grandview Beach in the Nude Topic Next Topic: Naturist beaches on Kauai  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.75 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved