Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 191 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Intro + introducing our kids to nudism?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: parents Topic Next Topic: The housemates think Im the crazy naked guy
Page: of 2

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  08:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Radioman125- this is a good thread there are others.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

nickandallyfl

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  10:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send nickandallyfl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have an 11 yr old daughter who will be 12 in december. Almost 2 yrs ago I took her to a resort and she was against being nude. But in time she met friends and joined them. It wasn't about joining me. Let your kids find it on their own. Body image is very important at that age too. If she sees another girl at that stage and being ok with herself, thats the bigest drive she will have.

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  04:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm less than new to this, but that sounds about as healthy advice as I've ever heard. Children have to be TAUGHT to be ashamed of their bodies. They're born with no such nonsense. So getting back to that should be just as natural. That makes perfect sense.

I'm babbling.

jons23

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  11:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bareskin_rug

Anyway, we are looking into places in Texas to visit this summer. My wife and I may go and pre-view them and decide if it's a place we want to take our children.

How did the summer go? Did you find some good family place for the family to visit?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  09:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This topic was from 2006 and Bareskin Rug hasn't posted since July of 2006.

I think this was his last post from (How often are you nude at home?)

Wow, things have changed in the last 3 1/2 months. We started off with nude family time in the back yard hot tub, and now we're naked probably more than half of the time we're home, mostly on the weekends. I usually wait until a little later in the evening to shed the clothes, but our two youngest boys usually undress as soon as they get inside. Our two older kids usually have something on, but not more than a pair of shorts, a swimsuit or underwear.

I haven't slept with anything on probably since the month of March, and I love it!
__________________________________________________________________________________

I hate it when you're left hanging like that.

Diger

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  05:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bareskin_rug

Thanks everyone for your posts.

We have started slowly shedding our clothes this past week, and it has been going well. I have started spending more time in just my underwear, and my wife has now begun to wake the kids in the morning and put them to bed at night in just her underwear and no top. Our 9-year old son made a remark about it, but she pointed out that he too only wears his underwear sometimes. That simple logic seemed to satisfy him.

My wife and I sat down with our 12-year old daughter and basically told her that there are some people who go without clothes. She said yeah, she knows. We told her about our clothing-optional beach experience last year, and she was quite taken by surprise. She actually smiled and said WOW in exasperation. We told her that we found it to be a pleasant experience and that we would like to do it again. She was wide-eyed but did not appear repulsed or embarrassed. We told her that the body is nothing to be ashamed of, and that we want to keep a home where everyone can feel comfortable. We then told her that nudity is acceptable in our home (under the right circumstances) and that we should all respect each others' bodies. I told her that she is welcome to join us, or not if she chooses. She was speechless but she said "yeah, okay." We said that she can always feel free to tell us if something bothers her, or to let us know if it makes her uncomfortable. She shrugged and said "okay."

On Saturday evening I got our 4-year old son out of his clothes and let him stand in the jacuzzi. Our 6 and 9 year old boys then asked if they could join and stripped and got in. I then took off all of my clothes and joined them. Moments later my wife came out in a towel and then joined us, fully nude. Lastly our daughter came out, in her bathing suit. A few minutes later our daughter then removed her top. She was so relaxed doing so, I couldn't believe it. The whole family was there, naked together for the first time.

It was so peaceful and free. I realize that as the kids grow they might change their attitudes, but my wife and I talked that night about how wonderful the moment was.

Sounds like you got there in time. Awesome.

nudepilot2007

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  1:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow finaly a site that is actually a positive place to get advice.

I have been a nudist for a while, I would like to get the kids, B5,B16,G11,G9 to understand it better and get some good positive information. I don't want to "push" them into it though. I respect thier decision on the subject, and do not go nude in front of them. I think that they would enjoy going camping at a nudist resort, and once there see that it really is no big deal, how can I get them to go?

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nudepilot20007, Have you checked out the posts on page 1 of this topic? Also, I think Cheri has posted info on brochures that would be useful. Perhaps you can do some searches on her posts.

Best Wishes, Jim

nudepilot2007

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, yes and thanks, I am going to contact Cheri to get some of the brochures. Have a great Holiday!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  3:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jim,
Give us more info about your family: are you married or divorced, Is your wife cofortable being nude and is she nude around the kids? Why do you think the kids wouldn't want you to be nude around them?

If you start being nude when nude is expected they won't think anything of it. Such as bathing with the door open, then make a trip to the laundry room for a towel. Just take Baby Steps and get them acustom to casual nudity around the house. Then another step could be, if you have a pool or hot tub, Skinny-Dipping. You and your wife can start it off (Skinny-Dipping) then involve the younger kids, then when the older kids see how much fun it is they may want to join in. Even if they don't join rite off, they may try it in private before they are ready to do it around you.

Just rember Baby Steps.

I hope it made sense and any of it applied to your family.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 12/22/2007 3:41:22 PM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: parents Topic Next Topic: The housemates think Im the crazy naked guy  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.7 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved