Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 488 ]  [ Total: 488 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Nudist Resorts That Support Your Special Interest
 Nude Hiking & Camping - What'sYour Favorite Place?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Full time Motor home nudist Topic Next Topic: Berkshire Vista
Page: of 2

solarg8r
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  01:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit solarg8r's Homepage  Send solarg8r a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite activities when I visit my club is nude hiking, and this is an activity that the club fully supports and maintains most of the park just for those who are avid nude hikers.

Hidden River

The hiking trails are well maintained and well marked. Some of the trails lead down to the river and the "swimmin' hole". Others wind through the woods & forest, where all kinds of wildlife can be observed. The whole place is simply beautiful, has a small membership, and the most important thing to me, it's safe! You are able to hike and explore naked and never have to worry about running into other textiles or law enforcement officials, or God forbid, someone that might do or cause you harm. The Ocala National Forest is a favorite place for nudists to hike, but you run a high risk of encountering hunters in the woods and possibly getting shot at. A few months back, a couple camping out in the forest were found murdered. Not exactly the risk I am willing to assume to enjoy nude hiking. It's pretty obvious that a naked individual is not armed, and that puts one at a distinct diadvantage if confronted by some character in the woods. Most certainly, a situation I would never want to put my wife into.

But I feel entirely safe at Hidden River whenever I am nude hiking thru their woods. The owner of the park, I believe, is an ex-law enforcement offical, and is very careful about screening out undesirables who may try to get in.

Plus, this a great park for those who like to camp out, too. Not as many amenities as there are at most of the other parks in Florida, but I love the rustic undeveloped areas of the park, with many great campsites throughout. Just an all around great place to get away from civilization and really relax, and this is how I think the owner wished to maintain it.

I highly recommend it.

Follow the link & find me in the Photo Gallery - SolarG8r

Edited by - solarg8r on 02/26/2006 9:50:05 PM

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had a great time camping at Laguna del Sol in central California. It has all kinds of camping accomodations including a very large grassy field. The facilities are great and the people are really friendly. You can also hike to the river there to sun or swim. It is a nice hike but less than a mile. The AANR west conference was ther last July and everyone had a super time.

Paul1011

solarg8r
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  10:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit solarg8r's Homepage  Send solarg8r a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

A photo of myself during a nude hike - Are there any others in NE Florida that would like to get together for nude hiking & camping?

Follow the link & find me in the Photo Gallery - SolarG8r

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  5:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of a good place to camp nude, that's NOT a resort?

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been checking the internet and paging through hiking and paddling guides for new places to hike. The other week I went to a covered bridge east of Atlanta I was hoping to explore along the creek, after going a short distance I had to turn around when I could go no futher. I went to the other side of the bridge and followed a path that also ended this time I crossed the creek and went up into a wooded area and was able to get nude and explore. I spent a couple hours crossing the creek back and forth one time ending up in someones backyard, I finally found a clearing by the creek took my towel from my backpack and chilled out. If others are interested check the web for government forest and also look online for abandoned rail lines.

jaybirdsen

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  3:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gromit801

Does anyone know of a good place to camp nude, that's NOT a resort?

Deep Creek Hot Springs near Hesperia California is good for nude camping. No amenities. You can tent of small RV camp at the Bowen Ranch. Nudity is okay there. There is a 2 mile trail to the springs that I have hiked nude many times. From the springs there are other trails to hike nude on as well. It is all NFS land and I once asked a ranger about nudity in the area and she said it was accepted everywhere in the creek drainage area. Many miles. email me for more information jaybirdsen@yahoo.ocm or visit Deep Creek Volunteers web site.

Jay

snidely

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  4:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't been there in a few years - Crabtree Hot Springs - totally in the wild in Mendocino Nat'l forest (Ca.). You take a dirt road for 1 hr+ and then hike a couple hundred yards to the springs. Some camp near the springs, others just off the road.
Absolutely no trouble over the years i went, even from the ranger who, rarely, would hike in to make sure everything was ok. Sometimes 20 people around, sometimes no one.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  8:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To add to this thread, here is a link, that shows mostly the western places to go, and some definitely appropriate for hiking. I cannot recommend them all, but there might be some well worth checking out.

http://www.communitywalk.com/clothing-optional-places#00033Jl

You can click on the color pins on the map, and to go back to the map without any pins selected, just click on the map, and the description box will go away. Seems that it's a good collection of places to get you out of the city and do some hiking in the vicinities of nude-friendly locations.

Still, there are venues that are not convenient for hiking, too.

If you live in the west, this is a decent map for nudist activities.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  10:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK us folks east of the Mississippi feel left out..

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  11:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

I think it is just that there is a lot more open land out west. I have heard that there is a tradition on the Appalachian(SP) trail of nude hiking on the summer solstice might want to check that out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  01:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll be right over, Bob, to help you load up the moving van! There is a great new piece of real estate overlooking a Pacific coast beach, if you don't mind a bunch of silly nudists crowding it every day.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  1:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin I couldn't afford it , my house total value is probably the price of a down payment over there. I would like to live near the desert though and explore some of those ghost towns.

HearthfireSpring
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  4:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HearthfireSpring an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have hiked nude in the mountains in Viginia and Maryland many times. Summer time is best and you may want to bring something along to cover up in if asked by park people but worth the extra effort.

Andy

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  12:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Warmskin I couldn't afford it , my house total value is probably the price of a down payment over there. I would like to live near the desert though and explore some of those ghost towns.

I have some of that house value problem, too. Nasty economy doesn't help the matter. There is plenty of room out here. Everything from Palm Springs to Jackrabbit, Nevada (population 12) if you like the desert. You could even live in the Sierra foothills, half way between Laguna Del Sol, Sacramento, CA (nudist resort) and Secret Cove, Nevada (nude beach). Very dry climate in the summer.

One of these years, the price of homes may increase, but I'll probably be on Social Security by then. Sigh.

Meanwhile, it's back to nude hiking; at least it's not losing any of its value!!

George Washington

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  10:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only done some brief(and illegal)nude "beaching" and have spent some resort time in Michigan. Does anyone know of any good(safe)places to hike and/or camp in the Midwest...especially in Michigan?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  6:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bejammin

I have only done some brief(and illegal)nude "beaching" and have spent some resort time in Michigan. Does anyone know of any good(safe)places to hike and/or camp in the Midwest...especially in Michigan?

Hi Benjamin,

Here is a link for some of the nudist activity in Michigan. Click on the second link. The first one doesn't work.

http://www.netnude.com/main/info/states/MI.html" target="_blank"> br / http://www.netnude.com/main/info/states/MI.html

George Washington

Edited by - Warmskin on 02/18/2009 7:04:32 PM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Full time Motor home nudist Topic Next Topic: Berkshire Vista  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved