Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 169 ]  [ Total: 169 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Sex vs Intimacy
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Need to change clothes? Why not try no clothes? Topic Next Topic: Help classifying myself.  

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  10:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In our culture, textile men see nudity as sex. Our bodies are objectified by that, particularly women and children. Nudism breaks that link, and that is healthy for the whole person and the family.

Textile women may not see nudity as sex, though, at least, not in the same way. Many see nudity more as intimacy. They see it as an intimate bond with that special person in their life. What textile women would not be rightfully concerned about giving up her link to that intimacy?

Is social nudity difficult for textile women because we strip away her bridge to intimacy in her most important relationship?

Is nudity = intimacy a valuable part of a woman's psyche to be nursed and protected, or is it ultimately misguided or destructive? Why?

Are there steps nudists can take to help a textile women replace her own self-objectification in this way with a healthier relationship?

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does nudism break the cultural link without either the passage of time (becoming accustomed to unassuming naked people through association) and/or an existing mental affinity towards breaking down the cultural tie?

Is it harmful that a textile woman equates nudity with intimacy? Wouldn't retraining her be somewhat selfish? Should she not be rewarded for what she deems fidelity to her special person? Perhaps the "healthier relationship" is only so in the eye of the naked beholder?

Then too, if textile woman perceives no threat to her intimacy with special person, venturing together into naturism may be feasible?

Edited by - GeeWilly on 07/12/2006 11:35:59 AM

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  11:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On closer examination, we do not see women getting nude to be intimate as a staple in our culture. Rather, we see special settings and clothing, foods, drinks, locations, accoutrements and events labeled for intimacy that are materialistic, sexist and encourage the cult of body phobia.

Reserving nudity for intimacy (nudity=intimacy) turns out to be a classy way to say nudity=sex without having to confront one's own materialism, sexism and body phobia.

The proof is that, in general, women do not see intimacy as a nude activity; nudity is considered part of a possible ensuing sexual activity, normally done with the lights out and under the covers.

We see intimacy as having nothing to do with any of these cultural props. We see intimacy between parents and children, close friends and relatives, old and young, regardless of the setting. We are intimate with friends and family we trust. In no way does intimacy require fancy settings or sexual relations.

Intimacy is a bond between people who share their selves. Social family nudism, by sharing our true physical natures, strengthens intimacy among those already close to us and allows our shared humanity to prevail even among those who are otherwise strangers. Nudism adds to intimacy.

By practicing nudism with our partner as a couple, we strengthen existing bonds of intimacy and introduce them where missing, creating a healthier, more realistic relationship, in which we see the other person as they truly are with all they bring to the relationship and all they could use help with.

As an aside, a healthier relationship with our partner is normally a good way to improve our sex lives.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  7:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not believe anyone either stated or implied that for women the only form of intimacy was nudity. Only that many women do reserve such for those with whom they have an intimate relationship.

That intimacy and nudity might result in sexual activity does not seem an odd result? Clearly sexual intimacy is more readily achieved when nude. One might reach that conclusion even without resort to Kinsey's help.

The issue, Tiger, is the impact of social nudity upon intimacy. Not whether it is sought more often on Venus than on Mars.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  02:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is harmful for anyone to equate nudity with sexual intimacy because that lie limits the person, male or female. If someone chooses to have that as a fantasy they enjoy, then I think it is just fine because they are in control and making that choice as an expression of their freedom rather than out of intellectual poverty. What do you think?

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  12:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've lost me, Tiger

First, I cannot believe that a woman who limits her nudity to those with whom she is intimately related is guilty of self-objectification. Don't women value true intimacy (defined as sincere sharing of inner-most thoughts, feelings, and concerns) much more than males? In this context, nudity is essentially irrelevant. True intimacy is so important that without it sexual intimacy (nudity generally enters here) does not occur.

To infer that materialism or sexism has a primary impact on nudity for women appears a non sequitur. i.e., Can you prove it? Strong bonds of intimacy may allow social nudism. The reverse, as you stated it Tiger, does not follow.

Finally, Tiger, if you are trying to equate nudity with sexual intimacy, maybe the term "equate" just does not work. One can be fully clothed and enjoy social, intellectual, and verbal intimacy. But such seems a real impediment to consumating sexual intimacy? And apparently it would be totally out of the question if one were experiencing intellectual poverty??

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  8:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You defined intimacy as sincere sharing of inner-most thoughts, feelings, and concerns. I agree. What I am also expressing is first that intimacy is important for many kinds of relations, not just sexual ones, and second that intimacy is enhanced by social nudism if it is shared.

I asked because a women author wrote about not wanting to go nude on a nudist beach (but wearing a bikini was OK) because total nudity should be reserved for the intimate relation she felt with her partner. IOW nudity=intimacy. Rather than prejudice the case, I raised it in the abstract. If her concern about a loss of intimacy were real, then I would want to deal with that honestly.

As I read what she wrote, it did not seem true, even with her. Why? Now, after discussions, I believe it is another form of nudity=sex, however subtle, and an excuse to cover up her real fear, going nude.

Even so, if her expressed concern about intimacy is more common than I know, we may need to create appropriate tools to speak with other women having that same concern. I have not seen that.

very curious
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  11:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think my wife associates nudity with intimacy. More often than not, when we use our hot tub at night with the lights out, she will refuse to go nude because she thinks the neighbors will see her. I'm wondering whether or not she has other issues she isn't sharing with me.

Any ideas?

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very Curious,

Perhaps she is concerned with the legal ramifications of being caught naked in your town or neighborhood. Some communities have anti-nudity ordinances. I recall hearing recently about a man who has to register as a sex offender because he was sunning himself in a state park. I remember this specifically, because I was thinking, would they rather we sun ourselves in the middle of downtown?

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by very curious

I don't think my wife associates nudity with intimacy.

I was probably misguided about that being an issue.

quote:
Originally posted by very curious

... when we use our hot tub at night with the lights out, she will refuse to go nude because she thinks the neighbors will see her...
Any ideas?

I never go nude if I think the neighbors might see me, and I can't wait to get my clothes off alone or in a nudist setting and don't care who knows it. I see no reason not to keep up really good relations with my neighbors, and yet I am not close enough to them or spend enough time with them to be able to help them understand the Nudist Idea.

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  07:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not agreeing that nudity = intimacy because I'm nude every weekend with an average of 200 people...but I'm intimate with none. I think I'd agree that nudity MIGHT = comaradarie.... the same kind of kinship or mutual interest that you get when you see someone else wearing the same baseball team hat or shirt that you are... but intimacy is a much stronger and deeper relationship than a simple common interest would render.

JustJim

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  07:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HG8Harrier

Very Curious,

Perhaps she is concerned with the legal ramifications of being caught naked in your town or neighborhood.

Or possibly the social ramifications if the word got out!

calente24

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I been a nudist for years. I'm respectful and understand the basic tenets of a public nude life. But answer me this. Does anyone out there feel as do. From time to time you run into someone that arouses you. Seeing that person nude excites me and makes me wonder. Should I feel same? Do my feelings have a place in that setting? Are there others that feel like me? What do other people do?

R

nudenewbie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  01:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You handle it as tastefully and inoffensively as you would in a clothed situation. There's a difference between being aroused by someone BECAUSE they're nude, and being aroused by someone you're just naturally attracted to who HAPPENS to be nude. The former would be someone who really shouldn't be in a nudist situation. The latter could happen to anyone. But if I were to find myself aroused by someone because I happened to be attracted to them (regardless of whether they were nude or not), I would handle it just as I would if I were in the textile world---I would cover myself and/or position myself in such a way that my arousal was not noticeable until I got things under control to avoid embarrassing myself or offending anyone around me---especially the person who had caught my eye. It really just comes down to simple courtesy and good judgement, just like anything else in life.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  01:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
StuffedTiger - In the beginning, you said:
quote:
Textile women may not see nudity as sex, though, at least, not in the same way. Many see nudity more as intimacy. They see it as an intimate bond with that special person in their life. What textile women would not be rightfully concerned about giving up her link to that intimacy?

I am currently courting a textile woman who knows I am a nudist. In fact, she has seen many of my nude photos, and likes them. MOST of my photos have been taken with a self timer - MOST! However, just yesterday, when she was looking at a photo of me, I mentioned something about the "young woman" that had taken the photo for me, (BIG mistake) and she became VERY jealous. I am still resolving the issue. Explaining to her that it was just someone helping me at a public c/o beach did NOT help in the least. NOW she tells me how "close" to me the photos have made her feel. Is this the "...giving up her link..." that you were talking about?

Now, after reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if her seeing my nude photos has created a FALSE intimacy of some kind.

Hiking the Cascades "naturally"!

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  04:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by northwest
Is this the "...giving up her link..." that you were talking about?

Yes. She has accepted that your nudity is sexual as would hers be, just like women in the Taliban society accept that exposing their face is sexual, and only for their husband to see. It is easy to see that is oppressive in another society. It is hard to for anyone to see how oppressed they are in their own society.

quote:
Now, after reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if her seeing my nude photos has created a FALSE intimacy of some kind.

She needs to understand that this is no joke, that in spite of having do deal with the bores, millions of healthy naturists worldwide practice wholesome nudism/naturism with less sexuality than if they were dressed in a birka, certainly much less than if dressed to kill. Just like with any other strongly held belief, nudists hold their practices in private among non-nudists like her, because we do not want people who don't understand to be offended, but that nudism is very much a non-sexual, social practice engaged in worldwide by millions of healthy families who choose to avoid body shame.

Previous Topic: Need to change clothes? Why not try no clothes? Topic Next Topic: Help classifying myself.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.61 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved