Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 453 ]  [ Total: 453 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Has anyone really used SEIKO shaver
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Reasons to be shaved, or a smooth nudist Topic Next Topic: Whats your style, shaved or not? Smooth v trimmed
Page: of 2

makis665

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  12:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would really like to hear opinions on Seiko shaver.I have seen these ads all over the net.But i have never seen somebody really saying if its good ? Or if it does a good shave as a razor.

[Admin's note: To support our site, consider purchasing your Seiko Shaver through our partnership with Amazon. With this link you can view the full selection of Seiko shavers available.]

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  12:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've used it on myself and on my wife a couple of times. It does a good job, close shave, doesn't last as long as a razor but no nicks, cuts or razor burn.

We've gone back to the razor but do use it occasionally. I'd say it's worth the money to give it a try and see what if you like it more.

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  4:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Best shaver I've ever used. Been using it to shave my pubes and scrotum for over a year now with no, ahem, mishaps. Beware the cheaper knock-offs, I bought two before I realized they are shoddy imitations and break in a month.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

Yes, I have been using the Seiko shaver about a year now. It works well, no cuts or nicks, and it really keeps the bumps from appearing. I have tried regular shaving vs seiko several times, using a Quatro wet will get you smoother, but my pubic area invariably gets some bumps. Use the Seiko with powder to keep skin dry, and it works well. Especially good for genitals without cutting. It is not expensive in my view, and it has lasted over a year alreay for me. Uses a lot of C batteries, a good idea is to buy charger and set of C batteries for it.

Best of luck
StreakingSkater

grahamandjulia
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  3:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I both use the Seiko Clearcut. We have both been completely smooth for many years now and this is the best method.
The shave needs to be repeated every 1 to 2 days but it is quick and simple to do dry. Use talc powder and it only takes a few minutes. No nicks, cuts or razor bumps.
Only works on stubble or very short hair, so you need to first shave with something else if the hair is long.

Kennude

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  04:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a Seiko around 2 years ago from Body4real. On arrival it had the name Feather Touch on the side. I did expect it to say Seiko. Not sure if this is a fake but it does work. I have been very pleased with the results. I wet shave every day in the shower using a Mach3 then use the "Feather touch" to finish of the scrotum. Do try one though they are excellent. Great of holiday use.

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  11:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kennude:

I got Seiko at Beavershaver.com, it is the real thing, has lasted about 2 years now, which is very good really.

So lots of mention of fakes at various sites, but maybe they are ok too. I imagine the quality of the blade, and motor is less.

In any case, i have been very satisfied. One thing, they never nick or cut, which has obvious benifits.. Just really need to use powder for a dry shave..

Good luck and stay smooth and nude..

Streakiingskater.

mustang_lex

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  2:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit mustang_lex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was going to buy the Seiko. But a friend bought the BodyBare (link in sig). The bodybare from what I know used to be the Feather Touch but updated a bit more. I like the Bodybare because all I need is baby powder. Its very gental. I'm sure the Seiko is great, I just found the perfect answer for me. :)

Alex
www.bestpersonalshave.com SAVED ME! Serious. no razor on me anymore

Cheater
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  10:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to prick anyone bubble of happiness BUT

Seiko shavers have NEVER been manufactured by Seiko. They shavers are made by Izumi Products of Hong Kong with parts made in China. They are merely stamped "made in Japan" and stamped with the Seiko logo. No authorized Seiko dealer anywhere in the world sells so called "Seiko" shavers.

You can buy better pubic shavers wothout having to pay the royalty that Seiko takes.

If you do not belive me.........

http://www.seiko-syd.co.jp/english/transfer/index.html

smartp

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheater

Seiko shavers have NEVER been manufactured by Seiko. They shavers are made by Izumi Products of Hong Kong with parts made in China. They are merely stamped "made in Japan" and stamped with the Seiko logo. No authorized Seiko dealer anywhere in the world sells so called "Seiko" shavers.

You can buy better pubic shavers wothout having to pay the royalty that Seiko takes.

smartp

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  08:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prick your own bubble, what you said is sheer and utter nonsense! Seiko shavers were made in Japan by Izumi Products Japan and not their Hong Kong subsidiary which made all the cheap Chinese knockoffs that look like the real thing but certainly didn't work like it. Seiko had 28 years with a product that worked, what a record,
unchanged in all those years and worked. You can't just stamped a product made in Japan and expect to get away with it these days, some one would sue the pants off you if a regulator didn't come down on you with a large fine first. Yes sure they have now opted out of the market, big deal, the product lives on as the Cleancut brand and is available from those authorised Seiko shaver distributors you said were non existant, I just bought another 2 as gifts! Buyer beware, get a cheap Chinese copy to shave the crown jewels and you will be sorry, and sore! Long live the Cleancut, son of Seiko, who gives a damm what's called as long as it works and no other does it better than the Japanese made original, don't be fooled by silly comments from others who don't know what they are talking about, probably never used one.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheater

Cheater
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  11:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a journalist and I review electronic household items and I know my my around the shaver field. I have no interest in selling anything. I do have a personal interest in personal shavers and sought only to inform my fellow nudists.

You however sound like a Seiko shaver sales person and seem to have no scruples or are laboring under several severe misaprehensions.

China makes 99.9% of all shavers sold anywhere from the biggest names in shaving to the humblest. If you think Izumi Products have major factories in China and still elect to produce a shaver in a high cost country like Japan you are dreaming. It is simply not economic in any scenario.

While I personally would not be buying or would advocate the purchase of any food or toys from China for the foreeable future, it must be said that China is very technologically advanced and most certainly capable of manufacturing a shaver to the highest standards. China is after all one of four nations that have put a man into space. They manufacture all HD TV's, your phone and cell phone, your IPOD, your personal computer or laptop and myriads of other items far too numerous to mention. Quality is never a problem in electronics.

You try to put fear into the readers of this message board by implying they will be cut to ribbons if they do not buy a Seiko Cleancut. Apart from being too silly for words, this is a thinly veiled excuse for charging far too much money, and for trying to disguise the fact that other more modestly priced personal shavers do just as well if not better and have more up to date features.

To any prospective personal shaver purchaser, I would recommend that you do as I did, check out the Body Bare, The Seiko Cleancut, The Hair Erazor and I think also Bodworx. Buy each one that offers a satisfaction guarantee and then return the ones that do not measure up when you see them up close.

Now please do us all a favor. Please supply a list of all so called authorised Seiko Cleancut Shavers for any country in the world. For anyone else following this nonsense that you propagate, please google (or use any search engine of your choice) Authorized Seiko Dealers or even Authorized Izumi Products dealers. All you get is some shady Internet "self appointed" so called dealers. Maybe one of them is you?

I would further suggest that anyone interested in finding out the truth, emails Seiko in Japan and asks them for an Authorised dealers list. The email address is prdept@seiko.co.jp. You can see for yourself that Seiko do not make shavers if you go to http://www.seiko.co.jp/en/product/.

You go on to state that the so called Seiko shaver is a great shaver no matter who makes it. I used to use one and I found it much less than great and the constant battery replacement was far from cheap. Even the "new" Seiko 1080 has an outrageous price, toxic batteries and old style charging cords - hardly a great leap forward. If you go to Amazon.com and search on Seiko Cleancut you will find other dissatisfied customers.

Good luck trying to sell your shavers.

smartp

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in IT an I know first hand from factory visits and repairing the stuff, the difference in Chinese quality today to that of Japanese is still not as good. Typical one eyed journalist if you are actually one as I believe you are most likely trying to peddle your own shavers at the expense of true reporting. Why has all the above comments given praise and satisfaction to the Seiko shaver except for you, and why has so many tried to copy it without sucess. I'm with the others who have made good and fair comment unlike you so go peddle your Chinese hedge clippers somewhere else. If you have a better product then name it, tell us where to get it so we can go try it and come back with fair comment. Now that's what a true and fair product reviewer would do instead of denegrating something good for no reason but commercial gain. My wife and I have personally tried quite a few different shavers over the years and nothing comes close to the Seiko or Cleancut as it is now called. For others who are reading we tried Body Bare, not good and not bad but didn't really do the job well and fell apart within 12 months. We tried the e-razor as we were told it was the latest and greatest and far better than the Seiko but it was absolute junk. You use it with lubricant instead of powder, but that 'gunks' up the shaver and then you have a real mess to clean. I must be honest and say we have not tried the new rechargeable Seiko mentioned, but I have learn't from experience that these days you generally get what you pay for.

Cheater
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  3:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it hugely amusing to see you desparately trying to convince readers of this thread to be "very afraid" of anything other than your Seiko shaver. I personally do not care what shaver you or anyone else buys. I have no interest financial or otherwise in any shaver. I do however have an interest in pointing out deceitful advertising and silly fearmongering.

You are patently trying to use these boards to sell Seiko shavers under the guise of pretending to be an loyal customer. I have no doubt there are those that are happy to pay more than they need and who do not mind the scam that is being perpetrated in the form of deceptively using the Seiko name when it has never been manufactured at all by Seiko and also made with some Chinese components. Anyone wanting to see what nonsense you talk has only to look under the "hood" of the Seiko shaver and they can see Chinese components and not all Japanese as you seem to claim. If you really expect any manufacturer to produce components in a high cost country like Japan and still stay in business, you are simply deluding yourself and maybe others.

Customers for pubic shavers are smart enough to "shop around" and if they see a better deal from you, Body Bare, Philips, Hair erazor or anything else, at a better price, providing a better shave then obviously they will buy that shaver.

Again I suggest that anyone should buy whichever personal shaver they want, test drive it and if it doesn't perform as they would like - SEND IT BACK for a refund. The proof of the pudding is always in the eating.

You need to remember that you can deceive some people some of the time but not all people all of the time.

smartp

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  12:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is you who is the amusing one resorting instantly to acusing someone of foul play just because they have a different opinion. Freedom and democracy, the pillars of this society allow us to express our opinion freely. For a journalist as you say you are I found the exact paragraph you wrote on this board about Chinese products and shavers as PR on the commercial website of one of the cheap Chinese copy shavers. Either you are 'the' Chinese shaver seller or plagerism is your art and not journalism. Why you keep harping on about Seiko not making the shaver is beyond any reasoning unless you are hell bent on denegrating it so you can sell more Chinese hedge clippers. I have emailed Seiko at the address you gave, thankyou, and the reply came that yes they do not manufacture the shaver anymore and their shaver business has been passed entirely to Izumi Products Japan who manufacture the product in their Nagano factory JAPAN. And if you look under the hood as you said, low and behold it's ALL Japanese made parts. I would say get your glasses checked or you have been looking at one of the many cheap Chinese copies. I have since been told that Izumi has factories in China and manufacture Remington, Phillips and Panasonic so Seiko was in good company but they insisted their product was made in the Japan factory so they could ensure a very high quality. What I hear you say, Phillips Remington and Panasonic also don't make their own shavers, why yes, Izumi does. Like I said it does not matter who makes it so long as it works. They say the highest form of flattery is imitation and I guess the Seiko shaver is one that has been flattered many times now. Seiko told me and you would agree, if it's made in Japan it's of course more expensive, but then it's not a rip off or price gouge as you try to make out. But you are right on one thing and that is the authorised Seiko shavers and sellers list has gone, why? Because Seiko said they have withdrawn from the market and it is Izumi Products responsibility to issue such a list. Sounds fair enough to me. But why you keep on about such triviality when I cannot find such a list for Body Bare or even Erazor. Seems to me Erazor is some backyard operation based in Las Vegas who sells a few units cheap on eBay because no retailer will stock them. You wouldn't happen to be from LV, WOULD YOU? I have been to Amazon as you said and only found mostly praise for the Seiko or Cleancut product. But I did find your plagerism written there again, but low and behold the Seiko or Cleancut was mentioned as one of the best selling ladies shavers on Amazon. I appreciate good honest journalism and detest fabricated twisted information denegrating a good product for no reason. Now it might seem that I take the bit in my mouth when someone makes wrongful accusations about me and a product which as you can probably guess is a favourite of mine. But I like the truth to be known and it was worth my time in finding it out for others here to share. The number of satisfied users including myself, wife and friends show the Seiko Cleancut shaver works well. Might not suit everyone including so called journalists but like he said go out and try them all for yourself.

Cheater
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  3:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deceit is not part of freedom and democracy.

The so called Seiko is NOT a genuine Seiko as it is often purported to be. There are no authorized dealers of this product and never have been. Seiko has never manufactured this shaver at any time. The Cleancut has always been made by Izumi Products.

The following is the exact wording from from Izumi Products web site - read it for yourself. "Izumi set-up an export department, the sole function of which was to sell electric shavers and personal care items on an OEM business to such large accounts as Sears, Remington, Sunbeam, Seiko in Japan, and many others. Izumi opened a factory in Yokota, Japan, in the mid-sixties, followed by an affiliated factory in Korea, and then opened an office in Hong Kong and a manufacturing facility in conjunction with Durable Electrical, and finally opened another factory in China whose sole function and responsibility was to manufacture electric shavers for export to the United States and the much smaller domestic market in Japan."

This makes complete nonsense of what you claim either through ignorance or intent to keep up the deceit.

I have no problem with anyone buying a Cleancut, Hair eRazor Body Bare, Bodygroom or even a weedwhacker. The choice is alway the perogative of the customer provided he/she is not deceived and can make an informed choice.

If the Cleancut is such a great shaver and is honestly represented why on earth would Seiko completely disown it and cease having anything to do with it as you correctly point out.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Reasons to be shaved, or a smooth nudist Topic Next Topic: Whats your style, shaved or not? Smooth v trimmed  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved