Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 any unofficial nudist spots in upstate NY?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Purdon Crossing Topic Next Topic: Caspersens Beach Venice, FL
Page: of 3

happychappy

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  08:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Send happychappy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of any unofficial nudist beaches in upstate NY...im from the watertown area

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Happychappy,

Sorry I can't help you, but welcome to the forum.

Chic

Alan12208

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  08:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alan12208 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't heard of any unoffical nude beaches up here (Albany). I heard that there used to be one in Troy (along the river) but that it has been closed. There are a few nude camps in the area though.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  09:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan, There are also nonlanded clubs up there as well. There is a yahoo group: nudebeachesofthenortheast2 that might have more information.
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

happychappy

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  05:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send happychappy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thank-you Chic, Alan, and Cheri for the welcome and the info....

Toilet

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  12:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking for a beach in the lake george area

Seneca
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  3:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've lived in the Lake George area (Hudson Falls) for 50 yrs, and have been a nudist for the last 32 yrs., and don't know of any accepted nude beaches around here. There are many isolated spots that you can swim nude, if you're willing to take the chance. I have gone camping in the Adirondacks often, and if you stay well into the woods and away from the trails, it's easy to spend a weekend nude without any worries about police or rangers bothering you. The nearest (about 85 miles from Lake George), and most beautiful freshwater nude beach I've ever seen, is The Ledges about 20 miles east of Bennington,VT. It's on Harriman Reservour, in Wilmington,VT.

Seneca

Life is a journey, not a guided tour. You have to decide which route to follow.

albanynudist

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  7:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also looking for a place in upstate NY - are there any new suggestions?

PeterJ1962

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  11:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
The website,http://www.swimmingholes.org/

lists nude swimmingholes around the country, some of which are almost in our area. Pick on teh state on teh map at that web page, then pick the boxes indicating places.
My late girlfriend and I visited two in Upstate NY, one labeled LAKL and one labeled POIR
The one in Lake Luzerne is south of glens falls, along Spier Falls road off route 9, just north of exit 17. THe three times we went there, others were clothed, but when she and I took off our clothes (we road motorcycles and laying the sun in leather is odd) and went for a swim, others joined us. Some didn't, but to each their own. It is close to the road, so we only went there a few times. The other is Point Au Roche on northwest Lake Champlain..it is a ride, but again, when you arrive. take off your leather chaps and jackets and go for a swim it is certainly refreshing! Here, others swam naked after we did as well, and two couple showed up in a boat, but they stayed in their swimsuits...the women seemed interested in doing teh same, but teh husbands didn't/
I would also point out in Massachusetts one labeled MOHA which is just east of North Adams MA on route two, right past teh Mohawk State Campground. For a weekend, you can camp, then hang out at teh river nude. There is also hiking there as well and some private places. Very nice. We went here alot. I went there this past summer as well (we went there for a few years) and be advised there are a few couples who have sex there, and the single guys join in when invited. It is still ok to lay there and enjoy teh sun, the sound of the river and being outdoors nude without joining in.

It is now November, and I am looking forward to spring to be outdoors nude again. There are also a few locations in the adirondacks that are great.

Peter

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  5:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be moving up to the Albany area come July 2008 (if I'm lucky....) so I'll be happy to see some nude areas here, too. Good to see I already have some friends in the area. :)

Melissa

PeterJ1962

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  8:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I'll be moving up to the Albany area come July 2008 (if I'm lucky....) so I'll be happy to see some nude areas here, too. Good to see I already have some friends in the area. :)

Melissa

Peter

PeterJ1962

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  8:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Melissa

I'll be happy to share what I know. Moving up here for work?

Peter

Seneca
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  10:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, when you get to this area (Albany) you might want to look into the Northern Exposure Sun Club out of Clifton Park. We're a non-landed, AANR affiliated club. We have a 2 nude swims a month from Oct. to April. We also have trips, in the summer, to some of the landed clubs in the region, as well as to the Ledges, an accepted and beautiful nude beach in southern Vermont.

http://www.northernexposuresunclub.com

Life is a journey, not a guided tour. You have to decide which route to follow.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  07:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, I've already written to NESC and I'm ready to meet up with them on some trip to visit my family.... why wait until the actual move when I visit so often? When they wrote I was impressed by their may events and positive attitude.

I'm moving up for work, but also because almost my entire family lives in the area. I miss my nieces and nephew! Work will likely be better, too, as the schools in that area are MUCH better than the Philadelphia school system.

Melissa

Phil_C

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just a note of causion as to nude swimming in the Cold River (Rt 2 Charlomont MA)
Unattended parking on RT 2 is prohibited and cars will be ticketed and towed. This action is due to Charlemont not wanting skinny dippers using the river. Police will also write you up for that as well if one comes along that has the energy to climb down the hill.
PArk in the state park, you may ahve to apy =a few dollars and walk to the area..

BBp

quote:
Originally posted by PeterJ1962

Hi Everyone,
The website,http://www.swimmingholes.org/

I would also point out in Massachusetts one labeled MOHA which is just east of North Adams MA on route two, right past teh Mohawk State Campground. For a weekend, you can camp, then hang out at teh river nude. There is also hiking there as well and some private places. Very nice. We went here alot. I
Peter

jpcast

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  10:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi
my wife and I are also new in the Albany area...we are also looking to nude areas around here, maybe you are interested in joining us to look for places...by the way i looked for NESC ant they are planning to go to Juniper's if you are around maybe we can meet you there, let us know because we would like to have friends interested in nudism around

jp

quote:

Melissa

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Purdon Crossing Topic Next Topic: Caspersens Beach Venice, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved