Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Appropriate age for teens to shave
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?
Page: of 5

sirsirc

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  7:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have thought that at 12 shaving legs and underarms was not an issue. As far as pubes go younger girls are definately shaving them all off or at least trimming them. It is the style with adults so why should kids not follow. I know some people who have shaved them since they first appeared. However, personally, I think teens should have pubes during puberty - like a badge of honour, and when puberty is finished, around 16, they can be smooth like adults.

canzan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  7:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sylviewong

We are modern parents and shave ourselves, we also expect from our children that they are clean and well groomed and that they remove all body hair, not just legs, but underarms and pubic hair.

And that from the first hair on. Everyone is a little different, some start early, some have dark hair and strong, and some lighter blond. For children, the peer-pressure on the most important and strongest. I agree to remove hair from the beginning!

Our daughter, now 16, has started to shave with 11 and waxes today, our son, 14, shaves since last year.

What other families are like us? -Sylvie

Thanks for your comment Sylvie! It is a very different time for kids to be growing up. When I was young shaving your pubes was unheard of except when going to hospital for some types of surgery. I must admit it has always held a fascination for me though. I have shaved and epilated quite frequently over the years, and when I'm not shaved I'm trimmed quite short. My wife likes to have some pubes but always thought she was too hairy. About 10-12 years ago she had most of her pubes lasered off, and so now only has about a quarter of what she started with. She then trims this so she has a nice little fuzz left. My daughter has therefore grown up with this and so pubes aren't really normal to her. On top of this the media often gives coverage to pop stars etc who have Brazillians etc - eg Brittany Speers, Eva Longoria. This therefore has a high profile and seems "normal". When did anyone get any press for having a full bush? So many kids, especially girls, think it normal to shave, or at least trim, your pubes. Our daughter wanted to shave at 13 with legs and underarms. So to many teens it seems just a normal part of grooming. They wouldn't think about having hairy legs or underarms, so why have pubes when they see hairlessness here as normal and attractive? I think it is we who still tend to sexualise it.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is quite different now. Sylvia and I traded emails. I'm not sure REQUIRING a teen to shave (especially a boy), is OK. But, I don't see any harm.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Modern Nudist Mom

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  11:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question of proper age to begin shaving pubic hair is as common and natural question today as the question of proper age to begin shaving legs and arms has been in the past. Social demands and criteria have change a lot the past ten years, and are still changing rapidly. Many young girls today, even non-nudist children seeing glimpses of causal nudity everywhere, know that many adults do not have pubic hair at all. Children shape their opinions of what they like and what they do not like even in this. When the adults today were young, we took notice of the smooth legs and arms of our mothers, and we became self-conscious when we began to see and feel the hair on our own legs and arms, and the natural result was that we wanted to shave it off. Mothers that shaved for more sexual reasons often did not allow their daughters to shave at all until they were about to move out of the house, even if the daughter did not think of sex at all. Many mothers did overreact and by this made the child more conscious of the sexual aspect of shaving. Today many kids want to shave pubic hair by same social self-conscious reason, not sex. Maybe by seeing some mothers causally nude, or having seen women on the beach, even an elder girl-friend in the shower, she may have had come to the conclusion that being hairless is the best solution, as this is easily more agree to her by all her years being naturally smooth. It may not include thoughts about enhanced masturbation or sex at all. And why should we parents make shaving any less innocent by not granting her in her personal wishes of being clean of hair, which actually is her bodily right anyway? Why would shaving make her body more sexual than she was as naturally smooth some month before? The sexual concept of being hairless would be more of an adult thinking which the child has to develop at her or his own pace and right. If she masturbated previous to her having pubic hair (as many girls normally would do), she would not realize much of a flashing news in being shaved either. Allowing her to shave would not make her more sexualized person that she thus has been, or naturally would become. The Victorian days in having our masturbating children punished and frightened to death is a bygone epoch in the medicine and psychological field, as the general new approach of the professions is very much to the opposite attitude.

I can relate to the difficulties even though I regard myself being a modern mom, as well as well-educated woman. Still, it is the last few years that I embraced an anti-Victorian attitude by studying modern psychology and sexology in this field. However, it was my eldest daughter who 'helped me' to liberate myself from the unconscious Victorian patterns from my own childhood. Being 11 years old, my elder daughter came to me and was clearly in the mood and mission of obtaining information in how to shave pubes correctly, so I consider her being ready to shave her body, not the pubes though. As my mother did to me, I taught her to shave her legs and arms, but at that point it was I who upheld superfluous sexualized conceptions of the practice in holding her 'vagina' smooth or hairless. So I did let her linger in her wish till she was 12 year old before she finally was granted the ‘go ahead’ to do her pubes optimal clean, but now this came with the predicament that this time around she seemed to sexualizing the status of being smooth in the place of earlier reference of pure hygienic and social reasons, which of course would be superior context for her debut in shaving the pubic instead of emergent worries not finding a boyfriend (exclusive sex) who would then only be partial to her as a result of words of her hirsute. Notwithstanding her emotional development into womanhood, the need for cleanliness still singled out as the most important clue, and after some demonstrations in how to take care of the imperative particulars in pre- and the post-treatments of her skin, for instance oil and fruit treatment, and several shaving techniques, all which I myself had attained through years of experimentation, she was set out stable and secure in her own game, but she let me in on her progress and problems time to time of which I had cures. After this I have matured mentally by experience and second thoughts about my initial 'moral problems'. Today there are no way I could have supported my 'moral' decision in letting her linger a year in letting her shave her 'vagina'. It is not my private body-part.

From then on there was no need to hide from view my own shaving practice in the bathroom, as we are all dedicated nudists. So when my younger daughter, who became premature 'a young lady', came to me with the same demand as her sister had done, being in her early 10 along with significant quantity of dark pubic hairs to worry about against her white skin, I had no other choice but to bestow her the ‘go ahead’, not only for the reason that her girlish body stood apart from other girls her age, but it was downright bizarre to see her in the bathroom with us as "a more adult look" than my elder daughter, even me as we both are hairless and smooth all over the place. And given that we are enjoying various nude beaches, I did not fancy my elder, still my 'little girl', being pointed out as 'an untimely shaver' when she could still pass unnoticed being a sincere hairless child. She could not remain that inoffensive or unobjectionable to some 'adults minds' in company of her little sister if she as well did not went to the cutting edge and shaved it altogether.

However, if we really take care to notice, we would detect too high a frequency of girls in the age 11-13 on the beach with their parents, possessing too glossy a vagina not to have been allowed a 'polished finish' in their general hygiene practice, so I was not exceedingly bothered if other parents indicated to me that they had made out that my elder daughter had done her shine as well, even my youngest one, but initially, back then, I liked to take social responsibility in not upsetting too many old-fashioned minds over the fact that my kids was adolescent smooth shavers. If I had to go through it again, I would be still less embarrassed because I know now that the appropriate and suitable time to start shaving pubes is when the child wants too, as being hairless is an inherent birth right. Besides, many from the older generation do not understand the modern demands among the young in keeping their body hairless. Even so, many modern mothers or parents cannot help being proud of their daughter shaving pubes even from the age of 8-9 years, or the legs and arms at still earlier point, and this is not really wrong or misplaced either, I guess. It should be a proper moment of joy when we experience that our beloved young ones become more and more familiarized and functional adapted with the greater whole, even if it is as simple as having their body shaved so they are not self-conscious about their body in shower or at beach. Considering that the hairless vagina is much as an imperative ideal of look to our society as those hairless legs and arms we spot everywhere has been for ages, and that the shaved or waxed vagina in fact does maintain the single most vital rationale in hygienic properties (which primarily concerns our younger ones), not only esthetical, or the sexual impetus alone, makes shaving the pubes superior in significance and importance than shaving legs or armpits. This is something to ponder. Shaving pubes has more hygienically good reasons to it than shaving legs and arms, and still girls is often allowed the latter years before the former health activity. It was I, in the role of 'good mothering', who was too narrow-minded in not letting my elder daughter shave or strip off her pubes at the first proper sign, thus being intolerant of the fact that it is her body, thus her natural privilege to be spotless clean and her approach in general well-being.

I took time to additional care of my youngest girl because she was prior by two years, almost tree, than her sister’s debut in shaving pubes, so after careful demonstrations and aid she too was settled safely in the correct track taking care of her body as womanly as her sister does, and this undertakings made her proud in coming to her own in the established hygienic ideal set forth by her sister and I, and in addition to this she felt a huge relief being emancipated from her dark pubic curls which brought her great deal of social stress and pressure being the only one with the ‘adult looks’ in her class. Her friends soon took notice of her revolutionizing approach back to smooth virgin skin, and from being somewhat bulled by girls, and boys who had been let in on it, as being the ‘old witch’, she went back to being the princess who fashions golden standards in her class. I got calls from parents asking if their daughter were telling the truth about her shaving the ‘WHOLE’ body in advance of granting their daughters 'the go ahead’ as the girls one by one were in the line of becoming the new ‘old hag’. Over the next two years virtually every one of her friends were shaving legs, arms and pubes, and I got calls from parents in need for counseling in when and how, even appointments to execute the first shaving as safely and carefully as possible as the parents felt not capable to offer appropriate information. So my decision in letting my daughter begin shaving as 10 years old actually secured many of the following girls of being the next victim, but first of all my own little girl because she was the first one out that early on. I do not remember this social pressure from my childhood, but shaving the pubic hair is now a part of the young culture. In Norway, 50 % of the inhabitants of both sexes in every age are shaving pubes, and of these, 80 % of the children between 14 to 18 years are shaving the pubes. Thus shaving the sex organs is most widespread among the young ones. Both of my daughters, now 12 and 15 years old, shave and wax till this day and have no plans doing otherwise.

I feel that their last child-years with me as shaven and waxed in fact brought mine ‘little girls’ back to me as if a resemblance of bonus time, and not the other way around as some parents dread when their kids are getting along in the line of the 'social requirement' of shaving the body. Hairlessness is universally youthfulness to the eye, no matter the reasons otherwise. I myself being hairless with them did a lot not to build up a surplus of emblematical barrier between adult and child, and I think our collective hairlessness and openness in this matter is indeed an vital factor which allows us in getting along as friends more than anything else, without I lose weight of motherly authority for the sake of free flow of communication and bodily rapport (harmony). Hairless bodies between generations establish an excellent and trustworthy rapport if one wish to convey the value of being humanly alike, and at the same time meeting the widespread social requirements of which the private bonus is to feel great too, the last would be the most important factor anyway. No families are alike when it comes to nudity, and there are great local varieties all over the world, each and every one having their own set of conceptions of what would be moral wrong or right within the greater framework of the law. Intimate shaving or waxing is not legally considered being sexual practice or service, but is indeed a lawfully livelihood for a lots of people in the lines of fashion, beauty, healthcare and hygienic services, save doing this beneficial act into something else than hygiene or coaching in cleanliness. Anyway, to teach our kids being healthy clean and bodily refreshed rest entirely upon the parent’s accountability.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! Interesting post. I'm always amazed at how many bright, interesting people find there way to this forum.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  4:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

Wow! Interesting post. I'm always amazed at how many bright, interesting people find there way to this forum. Bob

Golly, if that is true, Bob, what am I doing here?

Before I needed to shave, I couldn't wait to start shaving. Sign of manhood or something was waiting for me. I've always had a clean cut face, but never had the urge or feel the need to shave my pubic hair. Maybe it's a sense of an advanced self-acceptance. Or, maybe I'm too lazy to add another grooming chore to my list of things to do.

I do shave, however, my "older man's hair" on my shoulders and the top of my chest. I look funny with sparse hair growing vigorously on my chest and shoulders.

So, yes on shaving on top, but no on shaving down below. At least that is my oh-so-humble opinion.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  08:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
plumber,
this thread may help.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Ricki00
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  11:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This about men and women all ages shaving there pubes especially young girls is a fashion trend or a fad.I remember hearing that that wasn't the case back in the 60's & 70s were shaving your pubes wasn't that common it was common to let those pubes grow.If its for just for comfort reasons, i.e itchiness don't like to have pubic hair falling then I would say go for it shave it.My wife has shaven her pubes ever since she was 15, I did start shaving my pubes ever since 15yrs ago, for comfort reasons.

Modern Nudist Mom

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  04:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, shaving pubic hair sticks deeper than just being a passing fashion, but perhaps the first wave of the cultural liberation was understood as such. I have studied the history behind the smooth vagina, and it keeps thousands of years of noble practice in India, Egypt, Greece and Rome, where young girls too removed their first sex hair. The same applies in the Muslim world today. In Europe, it is possible that the Vikings had such a practice among the women. It was the Crusaders who brought the tradition of the hairless sex organ back to Europe from the Muslim world. Even castles of that period hold own constructed room in which the court would gather to shave. Removal of pubic hair became a sign of social status in Europe, just as it was in Egypt and Greece, and later in Rome. It was only the Victorian period that suppressed this widespread practice when all parts of female body became such a taboo. The past century's strong sense of the taboo in having a smooth sex organ is thus of Victorian origin, although many artists continued to paint women without pubic hair, as common in earlier times. The smooth look was an ideal in both young and older women. So when men and women in recent times win back the social acceptance by grooming the sex organ as one wants it by personal preference, this is not only a fashion as such. It is about regaining the lost freedom, a liberty that is unthinkable to lose again without a new Victorian period, and that is unlikely to happen. The smooth sex organ will not disappear again, either at home or at the beaches, as it did in the last century, especially in the 1970s and 80s, but this very ancient tradition can go through lesser waves of fashion. However, there will always be lots of smooth bodies on beaches for ages to come.

quote:
Originally posted by Ricki00

This about men and women all ages shaving there pubes especially young girls is a fashion trend or a fad.I remember hearing that that wasn't the case back in the 60's & 70s were shaving your pubes wasn't that common it was common to let those pubes grow.If its for just for comfort reasons, i.e itchiness don't like to have pubic hair falling then I would say go for it shave it.My wife has shaven her pubes ever since she was 15, I did start shaving my pubes ever since 15yrs ago, for comfort reasons.

olderthanmost

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of views on this. Our daughter is now 17. My wife has removed her pubic hair for most of my daughter's life. When daughter reached 11 she startedgoing with mother to have legs & underarms waxed. My wife of course had her pubic area fully waxed too. At aboout 12 she first asked if she could also have hers waxed off. Initially the answer was no but we did allow her to wax the sides for when swimming with a bikini. However after repeated requests we allowed her to remove it all at 14. She has continued to do so ever since.

It was also a topic of discussion with her school friends and it turns out 6 out of 8 of her female fully removed theirs.

A friend of ours also waxes hers fully. She is a single parent with a 5 year old daughter. Sometimes, by necessity, her daughter goes along with her when she gets waxed. So she is accustomed to seeing her mother, my wife and my daughter without pubic hair and obviously she has none, but she does know it has to be removed. She is already saying that when she is old enough she will have hers removed too. None of ussee this as a problem and if that is still her view at puberty then she can get waxed.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

This thread has evolved over the years. Saw this on the internet. Article about preteen WAXING.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26182276/
always helps if the link WORKS

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/spiggycat/2559377148/

It does seem that girls are now waxing (and shaving) quite early. There is some thought that waxing "from the first hair" is better. Frankly, I have no idea.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

PeteWhim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  8:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see PeteWhim's MSN Messenger address  Send PeteWhim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

This thread has evolved over the years. Saw this on the internet. Article about preteen WAXING.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26182276/
always helps if the link WORKS

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/spiggycat/2559377148/

It does seem that girls are now waxing (and shaving) quite early. There is some thought that waxing "from the first hair" is better. Frankly, I have no idea.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Kids find what their peers are doing, and follow them. Whatever ! I first shaved at about 14, and it was Sensational! Glorius ! Wow ! Really thought I looked much better.And sure, a total turn on. I shave now several times a week. Feel better, look better. I'm sure kids are very much into the smoothie culture.

Petewhim

mj45
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  10:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GEE I'm an old fart, I shaved totally at 60 for the first time!!!

Michael

Saxman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  11:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been a smoothie for five years, starting at 20, and I can't even remember what it's like to have pubic hair. I started out trimming and shaving, but I began getting Brazilian waxes last year. Waxing is incredible, and while it is initially somewhat painful, over time, the pain subsides, and the results are well worth any subsequent discomfort. Feel free to PM me for questions.

dragon
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  11:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit dragon's Homepage  Send dragon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The kids see me nude and they always seen me with no hair. When they younger, they asked me why I don't have hair. I'd told them it looks and feels better. The oldest shaves to gets the hair down very low. The seconds oldest is still deciding to keep pubic hair or not. With me, I don't mind. I know mostkids see other people pubs and talk about. For you parents out there, don't think your kid(s) doesn't talk about stuff with others. When they go to school, they hang out with nudist family kids, gang related family kids, sexually family kids, political family kids, rich family kids, poor family kids and more. Example, my son had a discussion with with his teenage friend, a girl. The topic of pubic hair came about. She'd told him that she is usually bald, but she attend to her shaving in a few days. She'd pulled up her short skirt and showed him. He'd asked why she didn't have underwear on. She replied by saying that she was running late and she just slip on a dress and left the house that morning. She said her family is relaxed with nudity and she doesn't sleep with no clothes on. My son said it wasn't sexual about that situation. It was just a close friend being open to him.

So how today is, it ok to have kids to have an option with their pubic hair, like their hair on their head.

Check out the cause - NAKED FOR FREEDOM - www.nakedforfreedom.blogspot.com

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved