Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 203 ]  [ Total: 203 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Is There A Nude Beach In ... ?
 Apollo Beach, Fl?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Beach / Secluded Beach on Lake Erie?? Topic Next Topic: Need Help In Michigan
Page: of 3

DMan1965

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

After doing some research it appears that the closest nude beach to me (Charlotte, NC) would be Apollo Beach in Florida.

From information I have read from a Google search this beach appears to be near New Smyrna Beach, but when I tried driving directions from Google it located Apollo Beach on the West Coast rather than the East Coast.

1. Has anyone been to the Apollo Beach that allows nudity and can you tell me where it is?

2. Does anyone know if I am correct that this would be the nearest nude beach to Charlotte, NC?

Thanks,
Daryl

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  08:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daryl,

Apollo Beach is not on the east coast. The only east coast beach in FL is Haulover, North Miami.

You can relax au naturale at places closer: Carolina Foothills just north of Spartanburg in the Chesnee, SC area is one. Travelites (www.travelites.info) has events about a half-hr. away from you. The Travelites also has an annual canude trip in the Low Country, staging is at Whispering Pines near Myrtle Beach.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  2:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Apollo Beach is next to Playalinda Beach at Cape Canaveral in Florida. Google Playalinda Beach see what ou get.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  6:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dman,

You are right, the city of Apollo Beach is on the west coast. The Nude Apollo Beach is in the Canaveral National Seashore near New Smyrna.

Hear is a link with directions.

http://www.nudetravelguide.com/nude-places/detail.php?siteid=34

PS
Cheri, I can't believe you have never been there. You need to try it, it's a great place.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 03/12/2005 7:00:06 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  12:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger, All I need is $, I have the time. LOL

Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Buster
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I guess this could go more under a general posting, but I wanted it to be more Apollo (the beach on the east coast) specific. I’ve been going to Apollo, for a little under a year now, because that’s about as long as I’ve lived in Florida. I’m in a serious relationship, however she’s in college in VA, and is infrequently here to join me. I do go alone, but fear a male in his early twenties, can easily be given the stigma of either a gawker, or looking for male “company” of which neither are the case. I read posts about how approachable people are, but due to there being so few 22 year old males who just very much enjoy nudity in the States, I fear approaching people would be miss construed, and I guess people are sort-of standoffish about approaching me. My interaction with other beach goers has thus far been limited to asking a couple for a cigarette after the waves got a little over zealous and soaked myself, my towel and bag.

I go to Apollo a minimum of 3 times a month; I’d go more if I were less than an hour away. I find when I go alone, I spend less time there than if I had company, I am in no way trying to use this as a nude dating service, as I mentioned, I am in a serious relationship, and would like to spend more time at the beach than it takes for me to get there. As is, Apollo is one of my favorite places if not my favorite place to spend a day, due to the landscape and “dress code”. I very much enjoy being nude where it is acceptable, I unfortunately have no friends who share this philosophy, besides my girlfriend, as I mentioned before the 1,000 miles of separation presents a problem.

I guess I’m just looking for some friends who enjoy and accept nudity as a natural part of life. Hopefully my girlfriends will be moving in with me for the summer, and if anyone, or another couple is interested in helping me into a circle of friends that has thus far eluded me (by this I mean nudists) when she does come down we will be able to add another to the “would be gang”. I say a couple, because that might help her feel more comfortable if/when she comes down. I realize there are few people my age there, and that is not an issue. I usually wear a hat, sunglasses, read a book, and make my home on a Budweiser towel.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  6:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Buster,

I have found the people on Apollo Beach very approachable. The regulars mostly stay near the sign. If you go as often as you say, you will have no problem making friends. Share your story with them, because your not the only one.

You might also try Playalinda because it has a younger crowd there. Again, the regulars are nearest the crossover.

Just Go Talk To People.
You'll have friends before you know it.

Diger

Buster
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger-

I appreciate the encouragement. I do have a couple of questions. Will the pass that i have for the canaveral national seashore at the apollo beach location work at the playalinda location? As far as i know, they are both a part of the seashore. I chose Apollo because the directions seemed easier, (i get lost easy). I will give it a shot in the comming week..

Thanks!

Buster

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  4:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Buster,

Your pass will be fine, like you suspected it's all the same park. My wife and I will be at Apollo June 5th-9th. We can't go every week,"You Lucky Dog".

Diger

Buster
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  5:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will make it a point to be there on atleast one of those days... hopefully my lady friend will be with me aswell.. I am going to give Playalinda a shot, i am going away this weekend, so it might be a week or so, but i'll get there.

B

naturelover
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  7:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Buster I have been going to Apollo Beach at least once a year, for past few years. Unfortunately last year did not work out thanks to the huricanes in part. I stay in Ormond
Beach which is close enough. I drive a lot and to spend a lot of time driving on vacation is no fun. As far as getting others interested isn't easy either, my exes think I am crazy for going to a nude beach, neither would try, so cheers to your girl friend. The people are older I am in my early fifties but friendly, there were only a few younger people there when I was there but atleast conversed about something so enjoy. Fred

JimNPeg

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  11:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went down to Apollo Beach yesterday (05/10/2005) and found that the road is closed off to parking lots #4 and #5 due to renovation work being done. We parked at Lot #3 and did not attempt the long walk down to Lot #5. A beautiful day but no crowds of people and we found a parking spot immediately.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  6:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Jim,

Thanks for the report, the park service said they would have lot #4 open. Guess Not. My wife and I will be there June 5th, hope lot #5 will be open by then. If you hear any thing new please let us know.

Thanks again.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 05/11/2005 6:33:54 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the AANR office:
GREAT news on Apollo Beach of the Canaveral National Seashore
This week we received VERY welcome news from the staff at Apollo Beach
on the Canaveral National Seashore. As you'll see in the excerpt from an
e-mail by Chief Ranger Timothy Morgan below, the Park Service has
agreed to move the nude beach from its traditional location south of parking lot
5, down to parking lot 4 while repairs to the crossover are made. This is a
major demonstration of a strong spirit of cooperation coming from
seashore staff!

"Thank you for your e-mail inquiry which was forwarded to me from Park
Superintendent Carol A. Clark. In short, the park has no objection to
moving the nude sunbathing sign from parking area 5 to south of area 4.
North District Supervisor Mike Chambers will see that the move is
completed.
The change in signage will be temporary until such time as the area
five
boardwalk rehabilitation is complete. Please feel free to contact me
should
this office be of further assistance.

Timothy B. Morgan
Chief Ranger- Canaveral NS"

-
-

JimNPeg

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  10:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri----Great news and thank you for the posting.

Diger----maybe we will see you there.

JimNPeg

JimNPeg

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  4:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a great day today at Apollo Beach. We arrived at Parking Lot #4 at 9:15 and there were three parking spaces left. Went down to the right and eventually found the "nude sunbathing sign" I am not too good at judging distances but it seemed to be at least three hundred yards from the beach access to the sign. There was a mix of couples and single men with single men being in the majority. Weather was great with a nice breeze.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nude Beach / Secluded Beach on Lake Erie?? Topic Next Topic: Need Help In Michigan  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.99 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved