Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 244 ]  [ Total: 244 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 Current Events
 Textile taking photo's at a CO beach
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Page: of 5

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  3:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Guys, relax, didn't mean this question to start an argument. As keen beach going nudists I reckon most of us have some similar ideas, ie. that we want to keep our beaches open and legally CO and ensure we have a good cross section of people who feel safe to come to the beach without hassles. SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  6:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No argument, just discussion with different opinions and views. It's always meant for one side or the other to at least acknowledge the others view point but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Sometimes it's "My way or the Highway..." that solves nothing just makes each side dig their heels in deeper!

I'd ask this though ... Bill B, do you have a significant other that accompanies you to the nude beach, a club or resort? I'll wait for his answer before I continue.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  7:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not for a while.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  11:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean this with all due respect. First, I'm sorry you do not have a significant other to share this with.

I've read many, many a post to this very topic about what some single guys think women should do or not do in nudist situations. I don't find it surprising that so many of the single men react the same way ... "women need to toughen up, get over themselves, grow thicker skin ..." Bill, you've made these comments on other sites as well and gotten the same response you're getting here from those of us that do have significant others that shouldn't have to grow thicker skin to be able to enjoy a day at the beach, a club or resort, without harassment. Many nudist men have worked tirelessly to convince their significant others that nudist venues have the nicest, friendliest, most accepting people. I alerted my wife about the opposite because I've never bought into that embellishment. I don't want my wife to change to enjoy nudism. Those acting inappropriately need to change! And sometimes, the only way to enact change is to do what needs to be done and that's speak up when necessary.

There is a mentality or an attitude of some of single men, divorced men, widowed ... whatever the case might be, that hardens men to resent women in a way that makes them say these things that they would not if they had someone that they were in relationships with, be it love or friendship. Many of these guys seem to feel that women that frequent the nude beaches, clubs and resorts that because you're there, women should expect that they are on display and if you don't like that attention, you should go home and not visit. That's not right and it should not be tolerated. There's also a harshness of single guys that, for some reason, feel that women need to be as tough as they are, in all situations or don't get into that situation. Not all situations call for the type of toughness we are discussing here.

I wonder Bill and I mean this with all sincerity ... if you did have a significant other that accompanied you to nudist venues and that significant other began to voice concerns and was uncomfortable with the types of things we've been discussing, would you tell this person to grow thicker skin or don't go? And ... if this person said they would not grow that thicker skin and expected you to stand up for them with these guys we are speaking of, what would you do?

Edited by - FireProf on 11/14/2017 08:22:32 AM

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This discussion has run far afield, and as I expected there is considerable disagreement, but I stand by what I wrote.

Let’s review. The topic was people taking photographs on a public beach. Many nude beachgoers object to being photographed, but have no legal means to prevent it. I suggested that they ought to be less sensitive and not worry about it. Or, grow a thicker skin.

Those who disagree with my live-and-let-live approach present increasingly bizarre scenarios that apparently are intended to convince me that some other course or action is superior. I’m not sure exactly what that is, but it seems to involve confrontation and threats of violence, which could easily result in injury and/or incarceration.

Those who are gawked at or photographed are not harmed, but often get upset about it. Getting upset is a choice they made which is not in their best interest. They could have just as easily chosen to ignore it.

Let me reiterate, since you can’t change other people’s behavior, and you can change how you react to it, you’re much better off to change your reaction to the harmless behavior of others.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply. It was exactly as I thought it would be. Be well!

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been an 'interesting' topic to follow. While I have not been able to spend time at a CO beach or resort, I can surely understand people not wanting to have pictures taken. There are many that enjoy the nude life style that may not want people they work with or know, find out about their passion for being nude. For those that do want to take pictures that some may not want taken, ask first, do not take and or just go some place else. This does not seem like too much to ask.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think there is a clear difference between being "gawked at" and your photo taken without consent. At a CO beach we all get gawked at by passers by, usually textiles, that goes with the territory and being nude (legally) in a public place, ie. the beach. You can give them a wave, roll over to hide or just ignore .... plus plenty of other options.

My point was this person had a hi performance Digital SLR camera with a large long distance tele-photo lens, the type you use to get really close to things without being really close. She may not have been zooming in on individuals but she may have, in any case she did take some photos of people naked without asking.

I don't think it's right but while trying to challenge her she just waved me off and ignored me and took more shots pretty much saying up yours (that's the way I took it). I didn't think I had many options at the time, that's why I posted the question.

Anyway I suggest there is strength in numbers if we choose to take a common approach. Others can ignore if they wish. SBN.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Several times in the past I have compared these people to Cockroaches saying if you shed light on them they will scurry away. One other similarity is if you have roaches and do nothing about them they will multiply. You need to make their lives impossible and they will move somewhere else. I have never been able to stand the bad behavior of these people and if we make their lives impossible they aren't having fun and they will move somewhere else. If we ignore them they will multiply.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

I think there is a clear difference between being "gawked at" and your photo taken without consent. At a CO beach we all get gawked at by passers by, usually textiles, that goes with the territory and being nude (legally) in a public place, ie. the beach. You can give them a wave, roll over to hide or just ignore .... plus plenty of other options.

My point was this person had a hi performance Digital SLR camera with a large long distance tele-photo lens, the type you use to get really close to things without being really close. She may not have been zooming in on individuals but she may have, in any case she did take some photos of people naked without asking.

I don't think it's right but while trying to challenge her she just waved me off and ignored me and took more shots pretty much saying up yours (that's the way I took it). I didn't think I had many options at the time, that's why I posted the question.

Anyway I suggest there is strength in numbers if we choose to take a common approach. Others can ignore if they wish. SBN.

We visit Black's Beach near San Diego. There is a group there and their approach is to take pictures of these voyeurs and post their pictures on Facebook. It seems to deter many of these people, some don't care.

We don't visit that often anymore, only because it is difficult to make the trek back up the hill after a day at the beach. I keep telling my wife ... "if we go more often, we'll get in better shape and that trek won't be so tough!" Not sure she's buying that logic but it's the truth!

We just spent 3 days and nights at our club in our motorhome. I was taking some pictures of my wife by my Jeep and while she was helping me get the motorhome ready for departure. As I was taking a couple of pictures of her by my Jeep, a woman walked by and said, "you're not suppose to be taking pictures here." I said, "you're not suppose to be taking pictures of "others" here. I can certainly take pictures of my wife!" She then said, "you're right. I apologize."

I went to check out and the front desk lady needed some paper work from me. She followed me out to the motorhome. I was still naked and she asked if I drove naked. I told her, "almost always and especially in this (the motorhome)." She said, "that's so cool!" Then she said, "by the way, ignore that lady that said something to you about taking pictures. She's a busy body!" Apparently, this tattle tail walked down to the office and told them I was taking those pictures. So ... I actually had someone in the front office say it was fine that we took pictures of each other, just not others without their consent.

Edited by - FireProf on 11/15/2017 09:36:19 AM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FP

At least she said something to you, she could have just ignored the situation. In hindsight maybe she should have asked what you were up to and not accused you. God knows why she then went to management, maybe she was checking the Prof was your partner. Hopefully her motivation was of trying to keep voyeurs / pervs at bay.

Cheers, SBN.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  10:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Thanks for your reply. It was exactly as I thought it would be. Be well!

Yeah...exactly.

I'm probably still a bit sensitive to this issue due to my experience last year.

I don't think one can truly understand the "violation" aspect of it until you've seen someone noticeably go "out of their way" to get a better look between your naked significant other's legs. And seeing your significant other being truly discomforted by it.

It changes your perspective on it.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  01:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

FP

At least she said something to you, she could have just ignored the situation. In hindsight maybe she should have asked what you were up to and not accused you. God knows why she then went to management, maybe she was checking the Prof was your partner. Hopefully her motivation was of trying to keep voyeurs / pervs at bay.

Cheers, SBN.

The woman in question was a resident and community busy body. She tattles on everyone, as I understand it. We'd seen her throughout our 3 day and night stay. She'd waved at us a few times prior to this incident while we sat under our awning next to our motorhome. Nah ... she was just flapping her "resident know it all, wings!" Apparently, she likes to make sure everyone is following the rules that she often continually breaks

Edited by - FireProf on 11/16/2017 01:48:56 AM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  06:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Enough said.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  3:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Apparently, she likes to make sure everyone is following the rules that she often continually breaks"

The textbook definition of "hypocrite." It could be worse; you could be married to her.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved