Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 414 ]  [ Total: 414 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Converting textiles to new nudists
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Quarantine Topic Next Topic: Marx Brothers
Page: of 2

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  11:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides nudist boards, I am on other boards of various topics, such as motorcycles, music, etc. I've made many friends over the years on these other boards, and all of them know of my love for being naked.

A few friends have started to really become interested in the lifestyle now. One lives in New Mexico and she tells me how she walks around her house naked all of the time now, and would love to be able to venture outside naked one day. Another lives in Iowa and said she now spends more and more time naked around the house, and thinks about things differently now (seeing the potential for nakedness in situations). She has even started driving with a button down shirt that she leaves unbuttoned so that she can open it and feel topless. It's still cold, so she hasn't done fully naked or bottomless yet. But I suggested to her to try a skirt that she can lift up at first, to get used to the idea. I sent her the link to this site, and another nudist site I'm on, and she has been reading the posts and threads and is considering joining the sites as well.

Just curious to hear any stories from others who have converted people to nudism.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of our friends but two couples that are friends with our youngest daughter and a couple of couples that are friends with our oldest daughter, now skinny dip often and only use their hot tubs naked.

Never would have thought that those we'd convert would be friends of our daughters. But I'm not sure if they'd call themselves nudists but from what we've heard, they spend more time naked, at home, than they do dressed.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 03/03/2016 5:32:43 PM

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  12:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Over the past 30 years, my wife and I have tried to "convert" many friends over to being nudists, or at least going to nude beaches, with a success rate of zero. OK, I did once get one acquaintance to go topless at a nude beach. And it's not like these people were strict/conservative types (one guy was a pot grower). We had one friend who stated how "horrible" she thought it was that some people did the walk/run in San Franciso nude. We didn't try to convert her. Some people seemed intrigued, but just couldn't imagine themselves doing it. We did get one couple to visit Little Beach on Maui while on vacation; they loved it but refused to go to any of the beaches near home.

It seems people either "get it" on their own, or as is usually the case, they don't.

Rooftop, it sounds like you have a better track record, albeit virtual. Keep up the good work.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here nudesun. I did convince my best bud to go nude on the beach with me. But there's no one out there who can say "I became a nudist because of Nudony (that I know of)." And it's not for lack of trying either.

A nudist friend of mine boasted some pretty impressive successes. He was a partner at a small business; and he got both his partner and employee to attend resort events with him. Although it's probably easier in his situation: where you're openly nudist and very close with the people you work with.

I agree that most people, if they ever get there, will get there on their own.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  4:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Convert really is the wrong word...expose might be better. And what are you converting them too? Let them know about the love of skinny dipping and leave it at that. They can take it from there. We've learned that you can never sell or convince people of the healthy benefits of social nudity. Either they get it or they don't. For Willy, he's just let folks know and they've taken it from there. Since they were not close by, there was no way to convert them...they decided on their own to experiment. Lead, don't push.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Edited by - MrsAzLagoon on 03/04/2016 4:08:05 PM

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  2:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, "convert" is probably not the best word. We were never pushy; just extolling the virtues of nudity and inviting them to come along; or going by themselves if that would be easier.

We do have one female friend who talked a series of her boyfriends into coming to the beach with her. Even though she would have been cool with it, they never returned after breaking up. Most people simply don't get it, IMO. Of course a lot of textile people who live near the ocean don't go to the beach, ever. They think it's boring (unlike shopping in the mall?).

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  2:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MrsAzLagoon is her usual perceptive self. Attempts at "conversion" tend to be counterproductive at best. People are bound to be skeptical of someone telling them "You'd be so much happier if you were naked."

I'm not even sure if "exposure" is necessary or desirable. Personally, i never talk about nudism with the intent of 'recruiting' or even 'educating' textiles. These days, you'd have to be living in a cave not to know about nudism. People who are interested will seek it out on their own. The best thing we can do is treat newcomers with respect and make their first experience a positive one.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  5:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who really cares if "convert" isn't the right word, you all know what I meant.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  8:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

"It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is." - Bill Clinton

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  9:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You mean "Slick Willy"

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  9:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

....Indeed! ...

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  07:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm up late at night, sick with a fever, so don't mind me too much. I'm not myself, but that could be great for this forum. Hahaha.

I had to laugh a bit about the concept of "exposing" someone to nudism. Hmmm. I guess they would be exposed if they agreed to join a nudist in going to a nudist beach. Some might say a person was exposed as soon as they started their full participation at a clothing-optional beach.

I've tried to get people to join me at a nudist beach, at the far end, where no one else was. No sale! I did get my first person to join me, but that's a ways off till summer. Hope they don't chicken out at the last minute. Awww buck buck buck. I told you I was feverish. LOL

I agree that you can't push someone into being a nudist. The best way for a person to "convert" is to try it for him or herself. Of course, you can plant the seed in their mind, and let them think about. A good sales person will try to get the product into the hands of their victim I'm sorry, that should read, "prospect." LOL A prospect holding the product, according to the sales psychologists, feels like they're taking possession of product. Once they take possession of it, the sale is a lot easier to make good. Although though you can't put nudism in their hand, you can still get them thinking about it. Perhaps you can give your prospect some nudist literature that obviously would show ordinary people doing ordinary things, except sans clothing.

If one reads the nudist literature, the idea can be conveyed to your prospect that a lot of people are enjoying non-sexual nudity. If a lot of people are doing that, the textilist might not want to feel left out of the fun. It's up to them to be the explorer of the idea. Let them "hold the product in their hand, and take possession of it."

Time for my meds! Auuggghhh.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  12:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I’m bumping old threads, but I’m just trying to get more discussions going, especially since we got hit by those spambots.

As I mentioned in a few other posts, I’m in the process of converting my girlfriend into a nudist.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  01:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know I’m bumping old threads, but I’m just trying to get more discussions going, especially since we got hit by those spambots.

As I mentioned in a few other posts, I’m in the process of converting my girlfriend into a nudist.

Seems to me you're doing a good job so far!

But I do think one of the goals is to be mindful of one's expectations and the partner's boundaries. Otherwise you could be setting yourself up for failure.

Some partners might be ok with a couple of resort trips a year; others might prefer to be nude at home and not socialize so much. And the lucky ones among us have partners willing to go full-nudist with little encouragement. I personally recommend focusing on what actually works; and then progressively suggesting more; keeping communication open.

For those that are familiar with my story with my first wife (which I've discussed ad nauseum), it was a slow process; beginning with home-nudity and progressively increasing time spent naked at home. Which led to a couple of trips to the nudist resort every year - which then increased to a couple of times a month. Which then led to the joint decision to become a nudist family - along with out daughter. All this was the product of many discussions/open communication. And time. A lot of time lol!

With my current wife, we're at a couple of nudist resorts per year and casual nudity at home. Right now I'm just focusing on that because it works for her. We've discussed more nudity at home: she's not really into it but is open to the idea of "Naked Sundays"; where we spend some extended time at home hanging out naked. It's a simple goal and we'll work on that for now. Maybe after a while I'll start suggesting more time naked at home; we'll see how she feels about Naked Sundays.

It's normal to look at or read about other couples going "full nudist" and be a little envious if you're not there yet. But you have to brush that off. Every couple dynamic is different so comparisons are futile. It's better focusing on what you have now to work with. Would I like for my wife and I to be naked at home and visit resorts a couple of times a month like my fist wife? That would be nice. But my current wife is not my first wife; their feelings about nudity are not the same so I'm not trying to recreate what I once had or what someone else has. I think it's important to "keep it real."

Just my humble opinion.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  02:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conversion has never really been what I've/we've been after with friends and family. It's always been about educating them on what nudism is and what it is we do. Some get it, some don't, some aren't sure they believe what we're saying and to all of that, I/we say, we don't judge you for your way of life, your inability to be mature enough to grasp the concept of nudism so don't judge us and our lifestyle when you know nothing about it and all you know is misconceptions and conjecture.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  03:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you Nudony. I don’t push her into anything at all. She’s not much of a home nudist because for one, she’s the type that gets cold real easily, so she prefers to be outside in the sun. Second, her kids are there most of the time but even when they aren’t, her oldest son is 18 and he can pop in and out, so she’s worried he will come home and find her. But she’s always up for going to the beach and now she really enjoyed Bare Oaks so she wants to find the time to go back there. Probably won’t be until next summer. I also have a friend that is a nudist and lives at a nudist park in Michigan. He and his girlfriend were at Bare Oaks and we spent half a day with them. They invited us to stay at their place some time so we will probably venture there too. We’ve been looking at other nudist resorts around us, within a 6-7 hour drive and talking about visiting them.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Quarantine Topic Next Topic: Marx Brothers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved