Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 228 ]  [ Total: 228 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Dealing With Nudity in the Home
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Body Acceptance Topic Next Topic: Ever googled your nudist i.d ???  

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2016 :  9:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a discussion board about how young parents work with potential problems stemming from parents being nude at home with very young children. It makes interesting reading for younger parents who want to be nude in a home environment. Opinions differ, naturally, in this meaningful discussion. After reading this, come right back to nudist-resorts.org, immediately. Ahem!

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/parents/nudity.html

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2016 :  08:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow...not much more to say.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2016 :  1:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of narrow minded people there.

Diger

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2016 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is the Berkley as in CA, I am not surprised! But like Diger said 'narrow minded people'!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2016 :  11:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Berkeley, CA is not what is once was. Lots of uptight, unfriendly people there, all trying to fit into a narrow slice of life. I grew up next to it, and have dropped by there once in a while. People don't smile there much. Believe it or not, during my younger days, it had two GOP mayors. One in the 50s and one in the 60s. Who would have thought.

Nonetheless, I thought I'd throw this discussion into the mix.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand that some people have a hang up with simple nudity. There is just no way they can ever see it as anything but taboo. I get that. I don't agree with it, but I get that some people can feel that way. Like religion, I don't believe in it, but I understand others that do. But what really made me shake my head was the post from the woman that was worried about her daughter seeing her father without a shirt on!! Really?? I loved the first response to that, that any time she goes to a pool she is going to see boys all over without shirts on.

ES_DW
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  3:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enlightening and scary at the same time.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  9:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the questions asked are pretty similar to the questions I've asked myself some years ago.

When my daughter was born and I decided to keep it clothesfree, it was easy when she was a baby or a toddler. But when she reached preschool age and started becoming a lot more inquisitive about our way of life at home AND our body parts - I admit I was taken aback. I browsed looking for answers; and between the so-called "experts" that were pretty unanimously saying I should put all my clothes back on, and the vague answers I was getting from the nudist community "just stay calm and stay nude" I admit I didn't get much help at all. And I almost just opted to put my clothes back on.

But with support from my daughter's Mom, we decided to just stay nude and be "matter-of-fact" about her inquisitiveness. We talked about penis and vagina (which is pretty clear when you're nude while talking about it), we set boundaries (it's not ok to stare and it's certainly not ok to touch) and it all turned out to be instructive for her and enlightening for me. I just wish there would have been more resources out there for me to go to instead of doing "trial-and-error."

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  10:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

Here is a discussion board about how young parents work with potential problems stemming from parents being nude at home with very young children. It makes interesting reading for younger parents who want to be nude in a home environment. Opinions differ, naturally, in this meaningful discussion. After reading this, come right back to nudist-resorts.org, immediately. Ahem!

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/parents/nudity.html

Ben Franklin

I only read part of the first one with the mom and two young boys who all four (mom, dad, and the two boys all apparently share the same bedroom) and all I could do is to shake my head. Where was this originally posted or gathered from?

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We didn't ever hide from the kids (1 boy & 2 girls) when they were young and we were showering or changing but they get to an age where they feel uncomfortable it seems.

Peer group pressure at school I believe and maybe other extended family members with hang-ups.

Not sure about the US but Australia still suffers from a prudish English post Victorian era towards nudity, the body and all things natural.

Other European countries are far more liberated in their attitudes it seems. When they travel here and get changed at the beach, they don't cover up but are discrete and not being an out-there exhibitionist and it is fine. They tend to do this at the quiet beaches and places not Bondi or the Gold Coast.

Previous Topic: Body Acceptance Topic Next Topic: Ever googled your nudist i.d ???  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.13 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved