Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 466 ]  [ Total: 466 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  12:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The following is a letter I wrote to my mom......

Hi ma, I got something I wanted to tell you -- this won't be easy for either of us, because you won't understand in a million years why anyone would want to do this, and I on the other hand am completely clueless as to how you're going to react. But I've felt this way for a long time now and now that I'm an adult, I see no reason to go on hiding like a little kid. I don't expect you to understand or approve of my decision, but I expect you to respect my freedom to make such a choice, and I DON'T want or need you telling the kids I'm going to hell for it... so here goes....

After careful consideration, and thorough research, I've decided to enjoy the benefits of nude recreation. First of all I should let you know what it is NOT: Anything that wouldn't fly at Disneyland, won't fly at a nudist resort. That means that I, and thousands of others hold that stuff that is done in private, such as sex and going to the restroom, etc should still be done in private. I would not dream of disrobing in front of anyone who didn't want to see me nude -- only others of like mind and in an appropriate setting. That obviously rules out work, and the general public -- I may be a nudist, but I'm not stupid. :)

This last week was spent camping at a little place up by Rochester called Steph's Pond -- a small privately owned resort where its by invitation only. I thought it was great (as soon as I got over the initial shock part of it.) Everyone accepted me for who I was. No one told me I was fat or ugly, or pointed and laughed, or told me my butt was as big as a barn -- they accepted me. It was mostly white married couples aged 40 or older there with a few thirtysomething singles thrown in. And everyone there is very nice to talk to. I hope to go back at least once more before winter closes in. (They even had a paddleboat there -- that brought back some nice childhood memories...)

And I really hate to tell you this, but after I left there, thirty years of hating myself went out the window... as I realized that there is one truth universal for all: we are our own worst critic. And I have some great new friends to hang out with -- I wouldn't even have associated with Linda and Roger in the outside world -- because they are older and more likely better off -- but they are both really nice people, and he's really smart -- he's a mechanical engineer. There were even a retired couple who lived there -- they were very nice to us.

I want to reassure you I have no intention of foisting or forcing this on the kids. If they decide they want to become nudists or not -- that is their choice, to be made when they feel they are ready. I WOULD like them to learn there is nothing inherently wrong with the way God made them -- that we all come in a pleasing variety of sizes, shapes and colors. There is no such thing as ugly, or perfect -- only a beautiful variety. I mean you can't change the size or shape of your butt, so why kill yourself taking Xenadrine over the idea? And I'd really hate for Ashli or Ember to develop an eating disorder, such as I have -- I went through a whole box of double fudge cookies after four months of a strict diet...hopefully though as my self image continues to improve, my eating habits will follow.

So anyway there it is. Before you get into the Biblical arguments of why such a choice is sinful, I would point out that God created us nude, we are born nude and Christ was crucified nude. I know you tried to raise us to be modest, and for the most part I still am -- but I'm an adult now with the power to make changes in my life that I feel would benefit me and I'm hoping you can accept that. END

I'll be very surprised if I don't hear, "You dirty filthy whore, don't ever email me again." Or something to that effect.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  08:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conster:

If I may ask, what was your Mom's reply to your letter? Did your Mom respond ina postive way and accept your relevation?

Irishred

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  09:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, That's a well-written note. For backup information on Christianity in support of nudism, go to http://www.naturistsociety.com and look at resources. It's also posted on this board some where (don't remember).*

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

[Admin's note: What is the relation between religion and nudism?, What God thinks of nudism, Christian nudist groups, and Are Nudism and Sin Related? (whew!) are four places to get started here! ]

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  09:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONNIE, GOD BLESS. lots of positive biblical references, baptisms were originally nude. and arent we all born nude, and the creator doesnt make junk. we support you and encourage you and your family to stick with it.

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  04:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
she's probably waiting for me to call so she can chew me a new one despite the fact that I am a successful adult and my sister is NOT....

The thing is I haven't practiced Christianity in a long time. I know organized religion is a tool, one I don't know how to use -- so I leave it alone. I spend most of my time helping animals and I'm not even very good at that. I found two kittens in the tall weeds near my house both covered with live maggots. One was too far gone to be saved and mercifully died a quick death. The other I managed to shampoo him completely clean and am feeding him with an eyedropper. His name, not inappropriately, is Maggot. So far he seems to be doing well. The other kitten I saved a while back, Elf (aka Scrawny Garbage kitten) is eyeing Maggot with undisguised contempt. So anyway I leave Christianity to the Christians and I just do my own thing and not worry about theirs....

Edited by - Conster74 on 08/26/2003 04:40:42 AM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  09:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you seem to be doing fine. whatever deity or spirit you believe in, it comes from the heart. and you have a very kind heart. i would not worry about what others say as long as you are comfortable with it yourself.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  12:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A born nudist I am. You are or your not! As a pre-teen, I began to take off my underware when getting into bed for sleep (we boys did not sleep in pajamas and to this day I've never owned a pair). My Mom would find my underware on the floor in the morning and then and to this day , she never said a word to me.
I never felt out of place or odd when we skinny dipped as kids, when I showered nude and then dressed in front of others in gym, nor embarassed in the military when doing group showers.
When I married a conservative Catholic girl, she had no trouble with me continuing my habit of sleeping in the nude. She, me and of course our kids just grew into our clothes free household.
Today some of our relatives, not most, and a few of our friends share our nudist life style. We're not pushy or really open about it, but I suspect more people are aware of our life style than we know. My point is if you don't bring it up (defensively,apologeticaly etc) most people won't brouch the subject with you either. Enjoy yourselves quietly and you won't have worry about explanations. To this day my Mom hasn't said a word, but she knows ! Chic

Edited by - chic on 09/04/2003 12:39:48 PM

Hubnude

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  02:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and kids, all non-nudists, all know that I am a nudist. When the kids were very young, I thought nothing of being nude in front of them. But as they got older I stopped at the request of my wife. That is not to say that they would occassionally catch me nude anyway. But it was no big deal. I didn't act surprised or ashamed and the kids acted as though it didn't bother them. Even today with one child still at home, she knows to call ahead or at least open the door slightly to ask if I'm nude or not, then she will wait a few seconds for me to slip on a pair of shorts that I keep handy. No problem. I also have a few friends who know, some are nudists and some are not. I have gone nude in front of the non-nudist friends and they either don't say anything or comment that they admire me for being comfortable naked in front of them.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  10:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hubnude,

You seem to have broken the code on being a nudist around non nudists. Nicely done!

Red

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  02:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the letter you wrote conster, right to the point. I had a hard time telling my parents that my husband and I became nudests. I was surprized that they excepted it quite well. My mother wanted to know if I was looking for approval? I said in a way yes. She said I was a big girl now and could make my own decisions. She said she was okay with us being nudists as long as we were happy, she said its something her and dad would not do, but they would not criticize us for it. My brother and his wife know we are nudists, and are okay with it, and we have other friends that do too. We have been nude around family and non nudist friends and no one objected. As far as Chritianity and nudity, I see no conflict. We have been to clubs that had Sunday morning services with a preacher, all in the nude.

Cinderela
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  05:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you don't like wearing clothes, so what?

To wear clothes is just as dumb as to not wear clothes. What if the world we've come to know hadn't started with the whole clothes deal? Afterall it has existed for a long time and we only do and follow what the people before us did, just like fish repeat the same things over and over again. Although we do understand more and advance civilization a little bit.

None of the other animals wear clothing, why did these monkeys choose to?
In some other dimension the concept of clothing is probably very bizarre.
Sure Hygene and safety is probably a reason for wearing clothing, but that doesn't mean that you have to wear clothing all of the time, otherwise it's an addiction. Letting other people see you nude is not dirty it's probably one of the most normal things there is. What is not normal is for a person to think that a nude person is dirty.

And what is not normal is for a person to wear restrictive clothing all of the time. C'mon people! that's probably the reason behind impotence and who knows what else, breast cancer? possibly. If you were to put uncomfortable clothes on any other animal, it would find a way to pull them off. Humans are dumb enough to not do a basic instinct. We're idiots, well not us on the forums but in general.

Without clothes everyone would be much more relaxed and therefore happy.

*chuckle*
thanks to my cousin for the amazingly artistic avatar :)

NudeDen
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  5:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Send NudeDen an AOL message  Click to see NudeDen's MSN Messenger address  Send NudeDen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't told anyone that I'm a nudist. I tried once to tell my mom but she was surprisingly very negitive about it. I had left the magazine Nude & Natural lying on my bed, so it would make it easier to tell her about it when she found it. I explained that the magazine wasn't adult oriented in any way and that I had made the choice to be a nudist. She's very religous and since she has been very religous she has become very conservative and narrow-minded. She insisted that nudism was a cult of some kind and didn't want me associating myself with it, but I explained to her that it wasn't and that it is a just lifestyle choice that has nothing to do with religion but she is still very against it. So I dropped the subject and won't bring it up with her again. I was hoping that she would be supportive of me no matter how I chose to live my life because it would have made going to a resort or club much easier. It would allow me to tell her when i'm going and where i'm going instead of having to not tell her exactlly where and or lie completely about where i'm going.

Her negitivity(sp?) was surprising to me because I had been skinnydipping when I was around her at a party we were at when I was young, and I had shown an interest in going to a nudist resort when I heard about one on the news and saw an ad about it in a newspaper. I think maybe she thought or was hoping it was just a phase and I would grow out of it or she just didn't take me very seriously about visiting a resort seeing that I was so young at the time. And she use to walk around the house nude every now and then but not very often though, and I thought nothing of it at the time.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I really don't see what the big deal is. I haven't told my mother about me being a naturist, not that I hide it, but its never come up in conversation. My folks used to walk around the house nude and it was no big deal. Now that I choose to be naked outside the house is merely a progression.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

trucker
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  5:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see trucker's MSN Messenger address  Send trucker a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes , all that know me, friends and family know how i live my life.
it no secret, most are ok with it, some don't like it, some are cool with it, but they all know that is how i chose to live my life, and that they respect.
they respect most that i chose to live my life, that is healthy for me,.

smile it makes people wonder about ya

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  6:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, my family doesn't know about it. You won't tell them, will you? They already call me the family slut (not due to my own choices) and I'm kind of the black sheep of the family. Knowing that I'm a nudist would only add ammunition to their assaults.

Melissa

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved