Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 232 ]  [ Total: 232 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Reactions on being smooth
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit
Page: of 7

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  6:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being that the Prof and I are both 90%+ smooth in our genital area and wanted to participate in this event in the future, I feel compelled to write to Bare to Breakers and find out exactly what they mean and where they stand on pubic hair shaving.

Are they more concerned about comments from the crowd or the acceptance of nudist and non sexual public nudity?

I'll let you know what their reply is to my questions.

FP

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  12:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's 2006 folks. Who cares if you shave your head into a "Mohican" shave your chin, armpits or anywhere else for that matter. It's all personal choice, reflecting the nature of the person and I've never heard any adverse comments being made to people who are "smooth". It's not really that important, just be comfortable, smooth or not. Go your own way. Damn the torpedoes!

Rod

Saxman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  2:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good call, Rodders. Discussion about styles / preferences is cool, but it certainly is a personal choice!

Saxman

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  3:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rodders:

You are so right!!

After years of not trimming and shaving, my wife and I did the deed in early March when we were on the left coast at - - - .

We have enjoyed the smooth feeling, but as Labor Day comes upon us, we have decided to go back to the "natural style".

As long has everyone is happy, and enjoys life, that's what it is all about.

Here's to all the are smooth, and here's to all that are fully and bushy!!!

Cookie

Saxman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  01:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha! Cookie, that's a good one too. Do you plan on being seasonally smooth? If so, that sounds like a good plan as well. Keep us posted!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  3:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon-Marc

I used to shave my pubic area and like the look and feel of it, but it's too much work to keep it that way. I think hairless bodies look better than hairy ones, but that's just my preference. There is no right or wrong in this.

If you like the look, but are tired of shaving, try the epilator, regrowth is slowed quite a bit, so you don't have to "groom" daily. Also you could go the laser route and elimate the work altogether.
Chic

Keep it smooth !

Bare Couple

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  07:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We haven't had any bad reactions about our smoothness. It's becoming more common these days that it seems to be fairly acceptable for people to remove their pubic hair particularly for women and especially in a nudist environment.

glock45
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  09:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were looking for a new family doctor in our town when my wife scheduled an appointment with this woman doctor( I was not very happy but went anyway). She required a complete physical on the first visit. Since we are both complete shavers, I said what the heck I will go and see what happens. After the exam I apologized to her for not telling her that I was shaved. She said not to worry and that alot of her patients were shaved down there.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  5:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I just had a sugical procedure done in my genital area a few weeks ago. Besides a few doctors, nurses and a number of technicians seeing my smooth pubes, no one said anything about my smoothness except the pre-op nurse who just commented "oh, there is nothing to shave here".

So it's not that unusual anymore to see people without pubic hair !

Chic

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  6:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife was surprised when I first shaved all my pubic hair off about 5 years ago. She didn't really like it and couldn't understand why I would do it. I let it grow back for awhile and then started to keep it trimmed and shaved around the edges. Kept progressing the amount of pubic hair I took off and then went bare again. She was more used to it then and she even started to shave more of her pubic hair. Now I keep it smooth most of the time with just a little bit of pubic hair I leave sometimes. Now she wonders why I am growing it out if I let it grow for awhile. It isn't long before I go smooth again.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  03:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've had to have several exams and check-ups in that area and never once have I had one comment on the fact that I was completely shaved. Once there was a 'Thank You' from the tech who had 10 minutes free that he didn't expect to have
Since the problem continues, I'll be going back again in the near future - and I'll be ready.

quote:
Originally posted by chic

So it's not that unusual anymore to see people without pubic hair !

Chic

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  10:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that it has been almost 3 yrs. since the last post...how much has changed over the years? I think it is even more common now for both men & women to be smooth. Have the rules changed for the Bay to Breakers regarding smoothies? I was hesitant at first about shaving nose to toes, but I wanted to experience it...and I do like the look and feel. Shortly after I went smooth, I attended my first nude swim with MARNA...there were no reactions either way. Everyone has their own style, just like in the clothes they wear (when they have to).

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  02:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I trim the pubes and shave my scrotum and shaft. My wife has not said anything, I assume she has noticed, but she trims and shaves a certain amount off.

A woman I speak to regularly at one of our beaches has said nothing but I have wondered as she is very hairy and would not trim at all. I'm not sure whether I am the odd one out or whether growing out the pubes again is the latest fashion. Some others I speak to at the beach have said nothing and they (all men) may trim but have a reasonable amount of pubic hair.

Is there a pubic hair fashion statement happening out there?

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  08:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems that in Aus. there are a lot more people following the "hairless" route. When we last visited River Island in NSW (November 09) the majority were fully shaved (male & female). Usual comments were "it gives a better tan", "it's less sweaty down there" and the most common - "it feels good / better without the hair".

For many it's a one way street - regrowth is so prickly that once it's gone, it's gone for good. Also from personal experience (Wife and I) it seems that non-naturists prefer the non-hairy look - people are OK with nude statues, and statues are generally hairless "down there" - which might explain the "public" acceptance?

As far as we're concerned, being naked means REALLY Naked, and excess fur just isn't naked enough!!

Phil & Timea S.

Edited by - Parrotile on 04/05/2010 02:27:12 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  10:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahaha...

I never got a reply from Bare to Breakers! We've yet to make it up there but as soon as my wife retires....it will be a place to go and participate.

Only thing changed is that we are both completely smooth and see that this is a trend that continues. Regardless of who does and who doesn't...it's always been a personal choice.

Funny thing is...we were the first ones to shave completely, in our group. There is one couple that is holding out and probably won't but the rest have followed suit after a couple of visits together.

We have since taken up skinny dippin with our grown children and one spouse....the other spouse can't quite do it...yet! We've taken all of them, including grandkids, on a nude vacation and they all loved it and want to go back.

They've seen us smooth and have commented that most of their friends are also shaved...so even in the non-nudist community...shaving seems to be the trend still today.

I think the only thing that makes someone go back to letting their pubic hair grow is maintanence. It's become just part of our routine so...it's like shaving my face and washing my hair...it just takes place when I do that.

One thing that hasn't changed...
You still get those, on naturist sites, that will make comments like..."I don't like it, don't understand it, makes you look like a prepubesent, what are you trying to do...look like a little kid?...." Those comments haven't changed and you'd think after all the threads on this stuff...those people would just get over it and either stop saying those things or stop visiting these threads!

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved